Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Evaluation of positive blood cultures.Arch Intern Med. 1972; 130: 84-87
- The clinical significance of positive blood cultures.Rev Infect Dis. 1983; 5: 35-53
- Contaminant blood cultures and resource utilization. The true consequences of false-positive results.JAMA. 1991; 265: 365-369
- Effect of iodophor vs iodine tincture skin preparation on blood culture contamination rate.JAMA. 1993; : 1004-1006
- High frequency of pseudobacteremia at a university hospital.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1997; 18: 200-202
- The clinical significance of positive blood cultures in the 1990s.Clin Infect Dis. 1997; 24: 609-619
- An evaluation of iodophors as skin antiseptics.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1963; 116: 361-365
- Evaluation of donor skin disinfection methods.Transfusion. 1997; 37: 309-312
- Doing it right the first time.J Clin Microbiol. 1997; 35: 563-565
- Monitoring expert system performance using continuous user feedback.J Am Med Informatics Assoc. 1996; : 216-223
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies.J Chron Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- The human skin as a source of Mima-Herellea infections.JAMA. 1963; 186: 952-955
- Infections with Acinetobacter calcoaceticus (Herrellea vaginicola).Medicine. 1977; 56: 79-97
- Catheter-related sepsis in long-term parenteral nutrition with Broviac catheters. An evaluation of different disinfectants.Clin Nutrition. 1990; 9: 131-136
Selwyn S, Ellis H. Skin bacteria and skin disinfection reconsidered. BMJ. 1972 Jan 15; 1(793):136–140.
- Exploration of the microbial anatomy of normal human skin by using plasmid profiles of coagulase-negative staphylococci.J Infect Dis. 1989; 160: 644-650
- Predicting bacteremia in hospitalized patients. A prospectively validated model.Ann Intern Med. 1990; 113: 495-500
- Comparison of automated Difco ESP blood culture system with biphasic BBL Septi-Chek System for detection of bloodstream infections in pediatric patients.J Clin Microbiol. 1995; 33: 1084-1088
- The effect of skin disinfection materials on reducing blood culture contamination.Am J Clin Pathol. 1993; 99: 536-538
- Blood culture contamination.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1998; 122: 216-221
- Phlebotomy teams reduce blood-culture contamination rate and save money.Clin Perform Qual Health Care. 1998; 6: 60-62
- Reliability of blood cultures collected from intravascular catheter versus venipuncture.Am J Clin Pathol. 1987; 88: 113-116
- Blood cultures.Ann Int Med. 1987; 106: 246-253
☆Funding for this investigation was provided by the Innovations in Healthcare Program of the BJC Health System, St. Louis, Missouri. The kits containing 2% iodine tincture and an alcohol scrub device (Blood Culture Prep Kit II) were supplied by Medi-Flex Hospital Products, Inc, Overland Park, Kansas.