Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Morbidity in alcoholics. Evidence for accelerated development of physical disease in women.Arch Int Med. 1977; 137: 883-887
- Sex-related differences among 100 patients with alcoholic liver disease.BMJ. 1977; 1: 939-941
- Gender differences in alcohol metabolism and susceptibility.in: Wilsnak R.W Whitfield J.B Gender and Alcohol. Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies, Piscataway, NJ1997: 77-89
Jones BM, Jones MK. Male and female intoxication levels for three alcohol doses or do women really get higher than men? Alcohol Technical Report 1976;5:544–583.
- High blood alcohol levels in women.N EJM. 1990; 322: 95-99
- More rapid elimination of alcohol in women as compared to their male siblings.Alcoholism: Clin Exp Res. 1989; 13: 752-754
- Estrogen-related acetaldehyde elevation in women during alcohol intoxication.Alcoholism: Clin Exp Res. 1996; 20: 1192-1195
- Gender difference in the response of hepatic fatty acids and cytosolic fatty acid-binding capacity to alcohol consumption in rats.Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1991; 198: 584-590
- Alcohol consumption enhances fatty acid ω-oxidation, with a greater increase in male than in female rats.Hepatology. 1993; 18: 1247-1253
- Mechanisms of regulation of liver fatty acid-binding protein.Mol Cell Biochem. 1993; 123: 93-100
- Stimulation of monoacylglycerophosphate formation by Z protein.Biochem Biophys Res Comm. 1974; 60: 376-381
- Stimulation of triacylglycerol synthesis by Z protein in rat liver and intestinal mucosa.FEBS Lett. 1975; 60: 256-258
- Utilization of long chain fatty acids by rat liver.Gastroenterology. 1979; 77: 241-249
- Hepatic free fatty acids in alcoholic liver disease and morbid obesity.Hepatology. 1983; 3: 226-231
Mortensen P.B. Mechanisms of dicarboxylic aciduria and dicarboxylic acid metabolism. In: Kay Tanaka, ed. Fatty Acid Oxidation:Clinical, Biochemical and Molecular Aspects. Alan R. Liss, 1990;249–264.
- Determination of serum creatinine by a direct colorimetric method.Clin Chim Acta. 1973; 43: 305-310
- Gas-chromatographic method of analysis for urinary organic acids. I. Retention indices of 155 metabolically important compounds.Clin Chem. 1980; 26: 1839-1846
- Gas-chromatographic method of analysis for urinary organic acids. II. Description of the procedure, and its application to diagnosis of patients with organic acidurias.Clin Chem. 1980; 26: 1847-1853
- Urinary dicarboxylic acids in Reye syndrome.J Pediatrics. 1985; 107: 79-84
- Induction of omega-oxidation of monocarboxylic acids in rats by acetylsalicylic acid.J Clin Invest. 1991; 88: 1865-1872
- Effect of chronic ethanol ingestion on fatty acid oxidation by hepatic mitochondria.J Biol Chem. 1975; 250: 5122-5129
- Effects of ethanol on the metabolism of free fatty acids in isolated liver cells.J Lipid Res. 1973; 14: 78-86
- Cytochrome P-4502E1.Physiol Rev. 1997; 77: 517-544
- Evidence that cytochrome P450 2E1 is involved in the (ω-1)-hydroxylation of lauric acid in rat liver microsomes.Biochem Biophys Res Comm. 1994; 203: 1168-1174
- Physiological substrates for rat alcohol dehydrogenase classes.Arch Biochem Biophys. 1993; 307: 85-90
- Early fine structural changes in the human liver induced by alcohol.Gastroenterology. 1967; 52: 1-13
- Decrease of ethanol-induced fatty liver by ethyl α-p-chlorophenoxyisobutyrate.Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1966; 121: 147-149
☆Supported by the Department of Veterans Affairs and the National Institute of Health Grant AA 05934.