Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A randomized controlled trial of aspirin in persons recovered from myocardial infarction.JAMA. 1980; 243: 661-669
- Low dose aspirin therapy for chronic stable angina.Ann Intern Med. 1991; 114: 835-839
- Double blind trial of aspirin in primary prevention of myocardial infarction in patients with stable chronic angina pectoris.Lancet. 1992; 340: 1421-1425
Antiplatelet Trialist’s Collaboration. Collaborative overview of randomized trials of antiplatelet therapy-I: prevention of death, myocardial infarction and stroke by prolonged antiplatelet therapy in various categories of patients. BMJ 1994;308:81–106.
- Marked reduction in long-term cardiac deaths with aspirin after a coronary event.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1996; 28: 326-330
- Effect of aspirin on mortality in women with symptomatic or silent myocardial ischemia.Am J Cardiol. 1996; 78: 1215-1219
- Ten-year survival after acute myocardial infarction.Am Heart J. 1997; 133: 290-296
- Diabetes and glucose tolerance as risk factors for coronary artery disease.Diabetes Care. 1979; 2: 120-126
- Platelet function in diabetes in relation to complications, glycosylated hemoglobin and serum lipoproteins.Eur J Clin Invest. 1981; 111: 272-277
- Fibrinogen binding and ADP-induced aggregation in platelets from diabetic subjects.Thromb Res. 1981; 24: 143-150
- Platelets and diabetes mellitus.NEJM. 1984; 311: 665-667
- Increased binding of fibrinogen to platelets in diabetes.Blood. 1985; 65: 156-162
- Platelet fibrinogen binding in diabetes mellitus.Diabetes. 1986; 35: 182-185
- Platelet function, platelet prostanoids and vascular prostacyclin in diabetes mellitus.Prostagland Leukotr Essent Fatty Acids. 1989; 35: 197-212
- Differential effect of aspirin on platelet aggregation in IDDM.Diabetes. 1992; 41: 261-266
Colwell JA, Bingham SF, Abraira C, et al, and the Cooperative Study Group. Veterans Administration Cooperative Study on antiplatelet agents in diabetic patients after amputation for gangrene: II. Effects of aspirin and dipyridamole on atherosclerotic vascular disease rates. Diabetic Care 1986;9:140–148.
- European Stroke Prevention Study.Stroke. 1992; 23: 851-854
- Aspirin effects on mortality and morbidity in patients with diabetes mellitus.JAMA. 1992; 268: 1292-1300
- Rationale and design of a secondary prevention trial of increasing serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and reducing triglycerides in patients with clinically manifest atherosclerotic heart disease (the Bezafibrate Infarction Prevention Trial).Am J Cardiol. 1993; 71: 909-915
SAS Institute Inc., SAS Technical Report P-229, SAS/STAT Software: Changes and enhancements release 6.07, Cary, NC: SAS Institute, 1992:433–480.
- Increased platelet aggregation in early diabetes mellitus.Ann Intern Med. 1975; 82: 735-738
- Increased synthesis of prostaglandin-E-like material by platelets from patients with diabetes mellitus.NEJM. 1977; 297: 1306-1310
- Increased platelet thromboxane synthesis in diabetes mellitus.J Lab Clin Med. 1981; 97: 87-96
- Increased thromboxane bio-synthesis and platelet function in type II diabetes mellitus.NEJM. 1990; 322: 1769-1774
- Diabetes mellitus, hypercholesterolemia, and hypertension but not vascular disease per se are associated with persistent platelet activation in vivo. Evidence derived from the study of peripheral arterial disease.Circulation. 1997; 96: 69-75
- Increased probiosynthesis in patients with severe atherosclerosis and platelet activation.NEJM. 1984; 310: 1065-1068
- Trial of repeated low-dose aspirin in diabetic angiopathy.Blood. 1986; 68: 886-891
- Randomized trial of intravenous streptokinase, oral aspirin, both, or neither among 17,187 cases of suspected acute myocardial infarction.Lancet. 1988; ii: 349-360
- Influence of diabetes on 5-year mortality and morbidity in a randomized trial comparing CABG and PTCA in patients with multivessel disease. The Bypass Angioplasty Revascularization Investigation (BARI).Circulation. 1997; 96: 1761-1769
- Problem of angioplasty in diabetics.Circulation. 1997; 96: 1707-1710
☆The study was supported by the Israel Society for the Prevention of Heart Attacks.