Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The Sixth Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure.Arch Intern Med. 1997; 157: 2413-2446
- 1993 Guidelines for the Management of Mild Hypertension.J Hypertens. 1993; 11: 905-918
- Alcohol consumption and hypertension.Hypertension. 1987; 9: 111-121
- Alcohol, hypertension and cardiovascular disease.J Hypertens. 1995; 13: 939-942
Potter JF, Beevers DG. Pressor effect of alcohol in hypertension. Lancet 1984;I:119–122.
Puddey IB, Beilin LJ, Vandongen R. Regular alcohol use raises blood pressure in treated hypertensive subjects: a randomized controlled trial. Lancet 1987;I:647–651.
- Microvascular and vascular smooth muscle actions of ethanol, acetaldehyde, and acetate.Fed Proc. 1982; 42: 2447-2451
- Antihypertensive effect of alcohol in spontaneously hypertensive rats.Hypertension. 1989; 13: 607-611
- Cardiovascular effects of intermittent drinking.J Hypertens. 1989; 7: 683-687
- Alcohol and cardiovascular system.JAMA. 1990; 264: 377-381
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in current clinical practice and research.Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. 1995; 4: 531-537
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in the evaluation of antihypertensive treatment.Am J Med. 1989; 87: 64S-69S
- Acute depressor effect of alcohol in patients with essential hypertnsion.Hypertension. 1992; 20: 219-226
- Biphasic effects of repeated alcohol intake on 24-hour blood pressure in hypertensive patients.Circulation. 1994; 89: 2626-2633
- Nocturnal fall of blood pressure and silent cerebrovascular damage in elderly hypertensive patients.Hypertension. 1996; 27: 130-135
- Different effects of alcohol and salt on 24-hour blood pressure and heart rate in hypertensive patients.Hypertens Res. 1996; 19: 255-261
- Alcohol and the heart.Acta Med Scand. 1983; 213: 91-98
- Low-km aldehyde dehydroxygenase deficiency does not influence the elevation of blood pressure by alcohol.J Human Hypertens. 1994; 8: 205-208
- The effect of short-term alcohol intake on clinic and ambulatory blood pressure in normotensive ’social’ drinkers.Am J Hypertens. 1995; 8: 572-577
- The effects of alcohol on local, neural and humoral cardiovascular regulation.Clin Sci. 1986; 71: 9-15
- Alcohol suppresses endothelium-dependent relaxation in rat mesenteric vascular beds.Hypertension. 1989; 13: 964-967
- Pressor and depressor hormones during alcohol-induced blood pressure reduction in hypertensive patients.J Human Hypertens. 1996; 10: 595-599
- Acute effects of alcohol ingestion on blood pressure and erythrocyte sodium concentration.J Hypertens. 1993; 11: 185-190
- Alcohol and cardiovascular disease.BMJ. 1991; 303: 565-568
- Influence of heart rate on mortality among persons with hypertension.Am Heart J. 1993; 25: 1148-1154
☆Supported by the Research Grant for Cardiovascular Diseases 5A-2 from the Ministry of Health and Welfare, and a grant from Takeda Medical Research Foundation.