Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Nosocomial enterococci resistant to vancomycin—United States, 1989-1993.MMWR. 1993; 42: 597-599
- Transferable vancomycin and teicoplanin resistance in Enterococcus faecium.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1989; 33: 10-15
- Reduced susceptibility of Staphylococcus aureus to vancomycin—Japan 1996.MMWR. 1997; 46: 624-626
- The emergence of Staphylococcus aureus with reduced susceptibility to vancomycin in Japan.Am J Med. 1998; 104: 7-10
- Staphylococcus aureus with reduced susceptibility to vancomycin—United States, 1997.MMWR. 1997; 46: 765-766
- Update.MMWR. 1997; 46: 813-815
- Classification and characteristics of coagulase-negative, methicillin-resistant staphylococci.J Clin Microbiol. 1980; 12: 161-166
- Emergence of vancomycin resistance in the genus streptococcus.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1997; 41: 24-29
- Antibiotic resistance and serotypes of Streptococcus pneumoniae at Birmingham Public Health Laboratory, 1989-94.J Infect. 1996; 33: 17-22
- Prevalence of antibiotic resistance and serotypes in pneumococci in England and Wales.BMJ. 1996; 312: 1454-1456
- Comparative activities of clarithromycin, erythromycin, and azithromycin against penicillin-susceptible and penicillin-resistant pneumococci.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1996; 40: 1950-1952
- Rapid increase of resistance to erythromycin and clindamycin in Streptococcus pyogenes in Italy, 1993-1995.Emerg Infect Dis. 1996; 2: 339-342
- High incidence of resistance to multiple antimicrobials in clinical isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae from a university hospital in Korea.Clin Infect Dis. 1995; 20: 826-835
- The molecular basis of the inhibitory activities of type A and type B synergimycins and related antibiotics on ribosomes.J Antimicrob Chemother. 1989; 24: 485-506
- Kinetics of binding of macrolides, lincosamides, and synergimycins to ribosomes.J Biol Chemistry. 1987; 262: 8591-8597
- RP 59500.J Antimicrob Chemother. 1992; 30: 9-14
- The in vitro activity of a new semi-synthetic streptogramin compound, RP 59500, against staphylococci and respiratory pathogens.J Antimicrob Chemother. 1994; 33: 849-853
- The in vitro activity of new streptogramins, RP 59500, RP 57669 and RP 54476, alone and in combination.J Antimicrob Chemother. 1992; 30: 83-94
- In vitro activity of streptogramin RP 59500 against staphylococci, including bactericidal kinetic studies.J Antimicrob Chemother. 1992; 30: 59-65
- Activity of RP 59500, a new parenteral semisynthetic streptogramin, against staphylococci with various mechanisms of resistance to macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin antibiotics.J Antimicrob Chemother. 1992; 30: 67-75
- RP 59500, a new streptogramin highly active against recent isolates of North American staphylococci.Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 1993; 16: 223-226
- In vitro activities of a streptogramin (RP59500), three macrolides, and an azalide against 4 respiratory tract pathogens.Antimicrob Ag Chemother. 1995; 39: 238-240
Casewell M, Seyed-Akhavani M, Wade J. In vitro activity of RP 59500 against vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium also resistant to ≥512 mg/L of gentamicin. 33rd Annual Meeting, Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy; 1993; New Orleans, Louisiana.
- In vitro activity of RP59500, an injectable streptogramin antibiotic, against vancomycin-resistant gram-positive organisms.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1993; 37: 598-601
- In vitro antimicrobial susceptibility of glycopeptide-resistant enterococci.Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 1995; 21: 47-50
- In-vitro antibacterial activity of RP 59500, a semisynthetic streptogramin, against Streptococcus pneumoniae.J Antimicrob Chemother. 1992; 30: 19-23
- Study of comparative antipneumococcal activities of penicillin G, RP 59500, erythromycin, sparfloxacin, ciprofloxacin, and vancomycin by using time-kill methodology.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1994; 38: 2065-2072
Auckenthaler RA, Baquero F, Braveny I, et al. In vitro activity of RP 59500 against staphylococci: a European multicenter study. 31st Annual Meeting, Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy; 1991; Chicago, Illinois.
Silber JL, Patel M, Paul SM, Kostman JR. Statewide surveillance of isolates of vancomycin-resistant gram-positive cocci: genotyping of vancomycin resistance and activity of RP 59500 (Synercid) and other antimicrobials. 34th Annual Meeting, Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy; 1994; Orlando, Florida.
Data on file at Rhône-Poulenc Rorer, Collegeville, PA.
National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards. Methods for dilution antimicrobial susceptibility tests for bacteria that grow aerobically, 3rd edition. Approved standard M7-A3. Villanova, PA: National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards.
- Provisional interpretive criteria for quinupristin/dalfopristin susceptibility tests.J Antimicrob Chemother. 1997; 39: 87-92
Mahayni R, Perri MB, Dembry LM, Zervos, MJ. Comparative in vitro and bactericidal activity of RP 59500 (Synercid) against multiply-resistant Enterococcus faecium 34th Annual Meeting, Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy; 1994; Orlando, Florida.
Scriver SR, Willey BM, Matsumura S, Tyrrell G, Kreisuirth BN, Low DE. Susceptibility of glycopeptide-resistant enterococci, including variant species, to RP 59500. 1st Annual Meeting. International Conference on Macrolides, Azalides, and Streptogramins; 1994; Venice, Italy.
- In vitro activity of RP 59500 (Synercid) and ramoplanin against vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium.Microb Drug Resist. 1995; 1: 335-339
- In vitro activity of Synercid against antibiotic-resistant strains of Streptococcus pneumoniae and enterococci.Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 1995; 21: 169-173
Scriver SR, Lai STF, Chong Y, Gonsales A, Levi M, Low DE. In vitro activity of RP 59500 against Streptococcus pneumoniae including isolates moderately susceptible and resistant to penicillin. 1st Annual Meeting, International Conference on Macrolides, Azalides, and Streptogramins; 1994; Venice, Italy.
- Activity of quinupristin/dalfopristin against Streptococcus pneumoniae in vitro and in vivo in the rabbit model of experimental meningitis.J Antimicrob Chemother. 1997; 39: 121-127