Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.Am Pharm. 1994; 34: 1-8
Caudill MA, Holman GH, Turk D. Effective ways to manage chronic pain. Patient Care. June 1996:154–172.
- Using NSAIDs safely in the elderly.Hosp Med. May. 1995; 31: 23-34
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use and increased risk for peptic ulcer disease in elderly persons.Ann Intern Med. 1991; 114: 257-263
- Variability in the risk of major gastrointestinal complications from nonaspirin nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.Gastroenterology. 1993; 105: 1078-1088
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.J Clin Pharmacol. 1991; 31: 588-598
- Current and future trends in articular cartilage research and osteoarthritis.in: Kuertner K.E Schleyerbach R Hascall V.C Articular Cartilage Biochemistry. Raven Press, New York1986: 423-440
- Proteoglycan structure in normal and osteoarthrotic human cartilage.in: Kuertner K.E Schleyerbach R Hascall V.C Articular Cartilage Biochemistry. Raven Press, New York1986: 295-310
- Guidelines for the medical management of osteoarthritis. Part I.Arthritis Rheum. 1995; 38: 1535-1540
- Guidelines for the medical management of osteoarthritis. Part II.Arthritis Rheum. 1995; 38: 1541-1546
- Treatment of knee osteoarthritis.J Rheumatol. 1992; 19: 1550-1554
- Osteoarthritis treatment update. Minimizing pain while limiting patient risk.Postgrad Med. 1993; 93: 89-92
- Effect of NSAIDs on knee loading in patients with osteoarthritis (Abstr.).Arthritis Rheum. 1990; 33: 592
- Anti-rheumatic drugs and cartilage.Baillieres Clin Rheumatol. 1980; 19: 212-217
- Comparison of naproxen and acetaminophen in a two-year study of treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee.Arthritis Rheum. 1993; 36: 1196-1206
- Inhibition of prostaglandin synthetase in brain explains the anti-pyretic activity of paracetamol (4-acetamidophenol).Nature. 1972; 240: 410-411
Physician’s Desk Reference. 51st ed. Montvale, NJ: Medical Economics Company, 1997:1570–1571.
- Molecular mechanisms of the hepatotoxicity caused by acetaminophen.Semin Liver Dis. 1990; 10: 267-278
- Comparison of an antiinflammatory dose of ibuprofen, an analgesic dose of ibuprofen, and acetaminophen in the treatment of patients with osteoarthritis of the knee.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 87-91
- Mucosal effects of aspirin and acetaminophen.Gastrointest Endosc. 1967; 14: 94-99
- Analgesics and the kidney.Am J Kidney Dis. 1996; 27: 162-165
- Enhanced hepatotoxicity of acetaminophen in the alcoholic patient. Two case reports and a review of the literature.Medicine. 1997; 76: 185-191
- Acetaminophen toxicity in an urban county hospital.N Engl J Med. 1997; 337: 1112-1117
- Hepatotoxicity following the therapeutic use of antipyretic analgesics.Am J Med. 1983; 75: 85-93
- Paracetamol metabolism in chronic liver disease.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1979; 15: 427-431
- Paracetamol (acetaminophen) clearance in patients with cirrhosis of the liver.Acta Med Scand. 1979; 624: 99-105
- Determination of human liver cytochrome P-450 by a micromethod using electron paramagnetic resonance. Study of 141 liver biopsies.Gastroenterol Clin Biol. 1977; 1: 775-782
- Drug metabolism in liver disease.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1979; 26: 483-492
- Antipyrine, paracetamol, and lignocaine elimination in chronic liver disease.BMJ. 1977; 1: 1384-1387
- Abnormal metabolism of acetaminophen in patients with alcoholic liver disease (Abstr.).Gastroenterology. 1975; A-65: 865
- Elimination of paracetamol in chronic liver disease.Acta Hepatogastroenterol (Stuttg). 1978; 25: 283-286
- Opioid and nonopioid components independently contribute to the mechanism of action of tramadol, an “atypical” opioid analgesic.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1992; 260: 275-285
- Effect of the central analgesic tramadol on the uptake and release of noradrenaline and dopamine in vitro.Br J Pharmacol. 1993; 108: 806-811
- The role of tramadol in the management of musculoskeletal pain.Today’s Ther Trends. 1995; 13: 177-186
- Complementary and synergistic antinociceptive interaction between the enantiomers of tramadol.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1993; 267: 331-340
Physicians’ Desk Reference. 51st ed. Montvale, NJ: Medical Economics Company; 1997:1594–1599.
Dalgin P. Comparison of tramadol and ibuprofen for the chronic pain of osteoarthritis. Presented at the National Scientific Meeting, American College of Rheumatology; November 8–12, 1997; Washington, DC.
Roth SH. Efficacy and safety of tramadol HCI in breakthrough musculoskeletal pain attributed to osteoarthritis. J Rheumatol. Forthcoming 1998;25 (in press).
Schnitzer T, Kamin M. Ultram® (tramadol HCl) maintains relief of osteoarthritis (OA) pain when substituted for high dose naproxen. Presented at the National Scientific Meeting, the American College of Rheumatology; November 8–12, 1997; Washington, DC.
Russell IJ, Kamin M, Sager D, et al. Efficacy of Ultram® (tramadol HCl) treatment of fibromyalgia syndrome: preliminary analysis of a multi-center, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Presented at the National Scientific Meeting, American College of Rheumatology; November 8–12, 1997; Washington, DC.
- Use of tramadol in chronic pain.Clin Geriatr. 1995; 3: 17-30
- Alternative dosing for tramadol aids effectiveness.Formulary. 1995; 30: 542-543
Ruoff G. An evaluation of varying titration rates of tramadol in patients with chronic joint pain. Pharmacotherapy 1998 (in press).
- Propoxyphene.J Indian Med Assoc. 1988; 86: 21-23
US GAO Report to the Honorable Ron Wyden, House of Representatives: Prescription Drugs and the Elderly. GAO/HEHS-95–152. US General Accounting Office, Health Education and Human Services Division, July 1995.
- Inappropriate drug prescribing for the community-dwelling elderly.JAMA. 1994; 272: 292-296
- The role of substance P in rheumatic disease.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 1994; 23: 3-9
- Experimental models of arthritis.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 1994; 23: 10-17
- Treatment of arthritis with topical capsaicin.Clin Ther. 1991; 13: 383-395
- Effect of topical capsaicin in the therapy of painful osteoarthritis of the hands.J Rheumatol. 1992; 19: 604-607
- Topical capsaicin therapy for osteoarthritis pain.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 1994; 23: 34-40
- Capsaicin cream 0.025% as monotherapy for osteoarthritis: a double-blind study.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 1994; 23: 25-33
- The effectiveness of topically applied capsaicin. A meta-analysis.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1994; 46: 517-522
- Hepatotoxicity of non-narcotic analgesics.Am J Med. 1998; 105: 13-19