This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Caffeine.Ann Rev Nutr. 1982; 3: 323-341
- Increased axiogenic effects of caffeine in panic disorder.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1985; 42: 233-238
- Caffeinism complicating hypersomnic depressive episodes.Compr Psychiatry. 1978; 4: 377-385
- Somatic manifestations of caffeinism.J Clin Psychiatry. 1981; 42: 185-188
- Caffeine-induced escape from dexamethasone suppression.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1985; 42: 737-738
- Psychotropic effects of caffeine in man.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1969; 10: 477-488
- Enhancement of human performance by caffeine and the amphetamines.Pharmacol Rev. 1962; 14: 1-36
- The influence of caffeine on mental and motor efficiency.Arch Psychol. 1912; 20: 1-166
- Wakefulness caused by caffeine.Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Exp Path U Pharmak. 1964; 248: 269-278
- The tolerance of coffee drinkers to caffeine.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1968; 9: 31-39
Council on Scientific Affairs: Caffeine labeling. JAMA 252: 803–806.
- Diagnosis and treatment of insomnia.in: Gallan R The psychosomatic approach to illness. Elsevier, New York1982: 107-141
- Studies on the physiology of sleep. The effect of alcohol and caffeine on motility and body temperature during sleep.Am J Physiol. 1933; 106: 478-487
- Psychotropic effects of caffeine in man. I. Individual differences in sensitivity to caffeine-induced wakefulness.J Pharmacol Exp Therp. 1965; 149: 156-159
- Effect of caffeine on sleep: EEG study in late middle age.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1974; 1: 203-208
- Human coffee drinking: reinforcing and physical dependence producing effects of caffeine.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1986; 239: 416-425
- Adenosine receptors and behavioral actions of methylxantines.in: Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 78. 1981: 3260-3264
- Amphetamine effects in man: paradoxical drowsiness and lowered electrical brain activity (CNV).Science. 1974; 185: 451-453
Accepted: July 10, 1989
Received: March 17, 1989
© 1989 Reed Publishing USA. Published by Elsevier Inc.