Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pain and personality.in: Sternbach RA The psychology of pain. Raven Press, New York1979: 111
- The nature of pain and suffering.Trial. 1977; 13: 21-26
- Ethnic differences among housewives in psychophysical and skin potential responses to electric shock.Psychophysiology. 1965; 1: 241-246
- Further physiological correlates of ethnic differences in response to shock.Psychophysiology. 1967; 4: 67-74
- Pain is not a disability.Okl State Med Assoc J. 1982; 75: 335-338
- Impact of divergent evaluations by physicians and patients of patients' complaints.Public Health Rep. 1983; 98: 141-145
- We can learn from non-M.D. healers-and we'd better.Medical Economics. 1983; 10: 84-87
Barnes RH, Posner RB, Cox J. Psychooocial aspects of chronic pain [in preparation].
- Academic Press, New York1974: 52 Pain patients.
- Why physicians fail to tell patients a psychiatrist is coming.Psychosomatics. 1981; 22: 407-419
- Chronic pain: the psychiatrist's role.Psychosomatics. 1978; 19: 117-121
- Behavioral measurement of human pain.in: Sternbach RA The psychology of pain. Raven Press, New York1978: 129
- Psychological correlates of medical illness.Psychosomatics. 1981; 22: 384-391
- Chronic pain-psychosomatic illness review: No 14 in a series.Psychosomatics. 1983; 24: 1053-1063
- Unnecessary suffering: pain and the doctor-patient relationship.Perspect Biol Med. 1979; 23: 152-160
- The quality of mercy.N Engl J Med. 1982; 306: 98-99
- Pain and the physician.Postgrad Med. 1977; 62: 35-37
- Patient education: developing a health care partnership.Postgrad Med. 1979; 65: 177-182
- Pain it's all in your patient's head (or is it?).Nursing. 1982; 3: 47-51
- Compliance: a problem in medical management.Am Fam Physician. 1976; 13: 74-80