Abbreviations:ACC (American College of Cardiology), AHA (American Heart Association), ESC (European Society of Cardiology)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Why are women underrepresented in cardiology?.Am J Med. 2020 Mar; 133: 255-256https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2019.10.32113521
- Gender and Disparity in First Authorships in Cardiology Randomized Clinical Trials.JAMA Netw Open. 2021 Mar 1; 4e211043https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2021.1043.33687441
- Lack of Equity in the Cardiology Physician Workforce: A Narrative Review and Analysis of the Literature.CJC Open. 2021 Sep 28; 3: S180-S186https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cjco.2021.09.019.34993447
- A Comparison of the US, Canadian, and European Cardiology Guidelines From 2006 to 2020.J Am Heart Assoc. 2022 Mar; 11e024249https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.121.024249.35189693
- The Proportion of Women Authors and the Inclusion of Sex and Gender Content Among the American College of Cardiology Clinical Practice Guidelines, 2008-2018.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2021 Nov; 30 (Epub 2020 Nov 27. 33252297): 1616-1625https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2020.8454
- Gender and career in cardiology-a cross-sectional study.Herz. 2021 Mar; 46 (EnglishEpub 2021 Feb 18. PMID: 33599803): 150-157https://doi.org/10.1007/s00059-021-05027-0
- Gender distribution in boards of intensive care medicine societies.J Crit Care. 2021 Nov 23; (PMID: 34836749)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrc.2021.11.006
- Gender distribution in board memberships of emergency medicine societies.Am J Emerg Med. 2021 Apr 18; (PMID: 33892332)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2021.04.042
- Gender distribution in boards of internal medicine societies.Eur J Intern Med. 2021 Aug; 90 (Epub 2021 Jun 1. PMID: 34083093): 122-124https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2021.05.019
- Gender distribution in presidents and board members of European nephrology societies.Clin Kidney J. 2021 Dec 9; 15 (PMID: 35498892): 1017-1018https://doi.org/10.1093/ckj/sfab259
- Women in Medicine: Addressing the Gender Gap in Interventional Cardiology.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018 Nov 27; 72 (PMID: 30466523): 2663-2667https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2018.08.2198
- 5 years of gender demographics.Clin Res Cardiol. 2019 Feb; 108 (Epub 2018 Jul 26. PMID: 30051180): 218-220https://doi.org/10.1007/s00392-018-1335-y
- Emerging Leaders (EL) Group. Gender Equity Imbalance in Cardiology Scientific Sessions in the Americas.Curr Probl Cardiol. 2021 Apr; 46 (Epub 2021 Jan 7. PMID: 33516090)100785https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpcardiol.2020.100785
- Gender-diverse teams produce more novel and higher-impact scientific ideas.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2022 Sep 6; 119 (Epub 2022 Aug 29. PMID: 36037387; PMCID: PMC9456721)e2200841119https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.2200841119
- Ethological observations of social behavior in the operating room.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018 Jul 17; 115 (Epub 2018 Jul 2. PMID: 29967170): 7575-7580https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1716883115
- The Urgent and Ongoing Need for Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity in the Cardiology Workforce in the United States.J Am Heart Assoc. 2021 Mar 16; 10 (Epub 2021 Mar 9. PMID: 33686869)e018893https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.120.018893
- A Call to Action: A Resident Coaching Program to Improve Gender Diversity in Cardiology.JACC Case Rep. 2021 May 19; 3 (PMID: 34317637): 839-841https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaccas.2021.03.016
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding sources: No funding to declare.
Conflict of interest: None to report for all authors.
Data availability statement: The data underlying this article will be shared on reasonable request to the corresponding author.
Ethics approval Not applicable
Authors' contributions: SR, JO and GL were involved in data collection, statistical analysis and performed the manuscript draft. All authors critically revised the manuscript draft.
Ethics approval and consent to participate: Not applicable
Consent for publication: Not applicable