Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- 2014 AHA/ACC Guideline for the management of patients with non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes.J Am Cardiol Coll. 2014; 64: e139-e228
- 2013 ACCF/AHA Guideline for the management of ST-elevation myocardial infarction.J Am Cardiol Coll. 2013; 61: e78-140
- Effect on mortality of metoprolol in acute myocardial infarction: A double-blind randomized trial.Lancet. 1981; 2: 823-827
- Effect of carvedilol on outcome after myocardial infarction in patients with left-ventricular dysfunction: the CAPRICORN randomised trial.Lancet. 2001; 357: 1385-1390
- The Cardiac Insufficiency Bisoprolol Study II (CIBIS II): a randomized trial.Lancet. 1999; 353: 9-13
- Randomized trial comparing propranolol with atenolol in immediate treatment of suspected myocardial infarction.Brit Med J. 1980; : 885-888
- A randomized trial of propranolol in patients with acute myocardial infarction. I. Mortality results.JAMA. 1982; 247: 1707-1714
- Β-blocker use following myocardial infarction: low prevalence of evidence-based dosing.Am Heart J. 2010; 160: 435-442
- Beyond medication prescription as performance measures.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 1791-1801
- Effect of beta-blocker dose on survival after acute myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 66: 1431-1441
- Relationship between beta-blocker and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor dose and clinical outcome following acute myocardial infarction.Circ J. 2015; 79: 632-640
- Relationship between beta-blocker therapy at discharge and clinical outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndrome undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention.J Am Heart Assoc. 2016; 5 (pii)e004190
- Beta-blocker therapy early after myocardial infarction: a comparison between medication at hospital discharge and subsequent pharmacy-dispensed medication.Drugs Real World Outcomes. 2016; 3: 279-288
- Beta-blocker dosage and outcomes after acute coronary syndrome.Am Heart J. 2017; 184: 26-36
- Association between beta-blocker dose and cardiovascular outcomes after myocardial infarction: insights from the SWEDEHEART registry.Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care. 2021; 10: 372-379
- OBTAIN (Outcomes of Beta-Blocker Therapy After Myocardial Infarction) Investigators. One-year landmark analysis of the effect of beta-blocker dose on survival after acute myocardial infarction.J Am Heart Assoc. 2021; 10e019017
- Adherence tradeoff to multiple preventive therapies and all-cause mortality after acute myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 1543-1554
- Outpatient adherence to beta-blocker therapy after acute myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 1589-1595
- Adherence to beta-blockers and long-term risk of heart failure and mortality after a myocardial infarction.Eur Soc Cardiol Heart Fail. 2021; 8: 344-355
- The Danish Civil Registration System as a tool in epidemiology.Eur J Epidemiol. 2014; 29: 541-549
- The Danish National Patient Registry: a review of content, data quality, and research potential.J Clin Epidemiol. 2015; 7: 449-490
- Existing data sources for clinical epidemiology: the Danish National Database of Reimbursed Prescriptions.J Clin Epidemiol. 2012; 4: 303-313
- Predictive values of acute coronary syndrome discharge diagnoses differed in the Danish National Patient Registry.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: 188-194
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- The predictive value of ICD-10 diagnostic coding used to assess Charlson comorbidity index conditions in the population-based Danish National Registry of Patients.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2011; 11: 83
- Design and rationale of the Danish trial of beta-blocker treatment after myocardial infarction without reduced ejection fraction: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.Trials. 2020; 21: 415
- Rationale and design of the pragmatic clinical trial tREatment with Beta-blockers after myOcardial infarction withOut reduced ejection fracTion (REBOOT).Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Pharmacother. 2022; 8: 291-301
- Efficacy of long-term oral beta-blocker therapy in patients who underwent percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction with preserved left ventricular ejection fraction: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2021; 77: 87-93
- Effect of beta-blockers beyond 3 years after acute myocardial infarction.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7
- Comparative effectiveness of beta-blocker use beyond 3 years after myocardial infarction and long-term outcomes among elderly patients.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2019; 12e005103
- Positive predictive value of cardiac examination, procedure and surgery codes in the Danish National Patient Registry: a population-based validation study.BMJ Open. 2016; 6e012817
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: JJG was supported by grant #5U01HL080416 from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health and the Miami Heart Research Institute. None of the funders had any role in the design and conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of the data; preparation, review, approval of the manuscript, or decision to submit the manuscript for publication.
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.