A 71-year-old Malay male with a 37-pack-year smoking history but no known past medical history presented with a 1-week history of painful left lower limb swelling involving the entire limb. He denied any trauma; prolonged periods of immobilization; major surgery; or any infective, constitutional or localizing symptoms concerning for an underlying malignancy (including obstructive urinary symptoms and gross hematuria).
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Survey of clinical and pathological characteristics and outcomes of patients with prostate cancer.Glob J Health Sci. 2014; 6: 49-57
- Malignant lymphomas involving the prostate. A study of 13 cases.Cancer. 1985; 56: 2932-2938
- Malignant lymphoma involving the prostate: report of 62 cases.Cancer. 1998; 83: 732-738
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.N Engl J Med. 2021; 384: 842-858
- Parathyroid hormone-related protein and hypercalcemia.Cancer. 1997; 80: 1564-1571
Published online: February 20, 2023
Accepted: February 2, 2023
Received: January 21, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: Both authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.
© 2023 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.