Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Duration of dual antiplatelet therapy after drug-eluting stent implantation: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 65: 1298-1310
- Effect of 1-month dual antiplatelet therapy followed by clopidogrel vs 12-month dual antiplatelet therapy on cardiovascular and bleeding events in patients receiving PCI: The STOPDAPT-2 randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2019; 321: 2414-2427
- Dual antiplatelet therapy after PCI in patients at high bleeding risk.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 1643-1655
- Twelve or 30 months of dual antiplatelet therapy after drug-eluting stents.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 2155-2166
- Optimal duration and combination of antiplatelet therapies following percutaneous coronary intervention: a meta-analysis.Vasc Pharm. 2021; 138106858
- Oral antiplatelet therapy after acute coronary syndrome: a review.JAMA. 2021; 325: 1545-1555
- Optimal duration of dual antiplatelet therapy after percutaneous coronary intervention.Interv Cardiol Clin. 2017; 6: 25-37
- Ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes.N Engl J Med. 2009; 61: 1045-1057
US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA ticagrelor review of complete response. Available at: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2011/022433Orig1s000MedR.pdf. Accessed August 20, 2022.
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of ticagrelor vs. clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes and chronic kidney disease.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2018; 84: 88-96
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of approved and investigational P2Y12 receptor antagonists.Clin Pharmacokinet. 2020; : 59545-59566
- Verifying death reports in the platelet inhibition and patient outcomes (PLATO) trial.Amer J Therap. 2020; 27: e563-e572
- Duration of dual antiplatelet therapy after percutaneous coronary intervention with drug-eluting stent: systematic review and network meta-analysis.BMJ. 2019; 365: l2222
- Central adjudication of myocardial infarction in outcome-driven clinical trials - Common patterns in TRITON, RECORD, and PLATO?.Thromb Haemost. 2012; 108: 412-414
- Outcomes of positive randomised controlled clinical trials: double-blind or double vision?.Thromb Haemost. 2012; 108: 410-411
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: This study was supported by HeartDru Research LLC (Wilmington, Delaware, USA) for PLATO, for the Freedom of Information Act litigation, legal fees, and for data mining and statistical work.
Conflicts of Interest: VLS received research grants from the manufacturers of clopidogrel and prasugrel, lecture fees from the clopidogrel manufacturer, consultancy fees from the clopidogrel and ticagrelor manufacturers, and patent fees from Lilly and Boehringer-Ingelheim. JFT reports research grants for the institution from Abbott, Microport, Novartis and consultancy fees from Bayer, HLS Therapeutics, JAMP pharma, Novartis, Pharmasciences, PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals. DA reports personal fees from Amgen, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Boehringer-Ingelheim, BMS, MSD, Novartis, Pfizer, Pharmacosmos, Roche Diagnostics, Sanofi and Vifor, as well as research grants to the institution from Amgen, Medtronic, BMS/Pfizer and Roche diagnostics. MLG and TAM report none.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.