Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- What skills should new internal medicine interns have in July? A national survey of internal medicine residency program directors.Acad Med. 2014; 89: 432-435
- Toward defining the foundation of the md degree: core entrustable professional activities for entering residency.Acad Med. 2016; 91: 1352-1358
- Incoming interns perceived preparedness for core entrustable professional activities.Med Sci Educ. 2019; 29: 247-253
- Program director perceptions of proficiency in the core entrustable professional activities.J Grad Med Educ. 2017; 9: 588-592
- Internal medicine residency program directors' views of the core entrustable professional activities for entering residency: an opportunity to enhance communication of competency along the continuum.Acad Med. 2017; 92: 785-791
- The new internal medicine subinternship curriculum guide: a report from the alliance for academic internal medicine.J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34: 1342-1347
- The key role of a transition course in preparing medical students for internship.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 860-865
- Important skills for internship and the fourth-year medical school courses to acquire them: a national survey of internal medicine residents.Acad Med. 2016; 91: 821-826
- Is there a role for internal medicine residency preparation courses in the fourth year curriculum? A single-center experience.J Gen Intern Med. 2018; 33: 2048-2050
UME-GME Review Committee. The coalition for physician accountability's undergraduate medical education-graduate medical education review committee (UGRC): recommendations for comprehensive improvement of the UME-GME transition. Available at: http://physicianaccountability.org/. Accessed December 20, 2022.
- A survey of internal medicine interns regarding the most useful topics to include in an internal medicine track of a “get ready for residency boot camp” course.Med Sci Educ. 2021; 31: 37-40
- Alliance for clinical education perspective paper: recommendations for redesigning the “final year” of medical school.Teach Learn Med. 2014; 26: 420-427
- Use of spaced education to deliver a curriculum in quality, safety and value for postgraduate medical trainees: trainee satisfaction and knowledge.Postgrad Med J. 2016; 92: 137-144
- AAIM recommendations to improve learner transitions.Am J Med. 2022; 135: 536-542
- A mixed methods approach to understanding curricular impact of a capstone course on the self-efficacy of fourth-year medical students.Cureus. 2020; 12: e9537
- Preparing for medical internship: a case-based strategy to teach management of common overnight calls to students.MedEdPORTAL. 2020; 16: 10966
- Improving the clinical skills performance of graduating medical students using “wise oncall,” a multimedia educational module.Simul Healthc. 2017; 12: 385-392
- A simulated "night-oncall" to assess and address the readiness-for-internship of transitioning medical students.Adv Simul (Lond). 2017; 2: 13
- The electronic health record objective structured clinical examination station: assessing student competency in patient notes and patient interaction.MedEdPORTAL. 2020; 16: 10998
- Enter and discuss orders and prescriptions (EPA 4): a curriculum for fourth-year medical students.MedEdPORTAL. 2022; 18: 11263
ACGME Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in Internal Medicine. 2021. Available at:https://www.acgme.org/globalassets/pfassets/programrequirements/140_internalmedicine_2022v4.pdf. Accessed December 29, 2021.
ACGME Internal Medicine Milestones. 2020. Available at:https://www.acgme.org/globalassets/PDFs/Milestones/InternalMedicineMilestones2.0.pdf. Accessed December 29, 2021.
- Utility of a standardized fourth-year medical student surgical preparatory curriculum: program director perceptions.J Surg Educ. 2018; 75: 639-643
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.