Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Obesity and the risk of heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 305-313
- Association of predicted lean body mass and fat mass with cardiovascular events in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.CMAJ. 2019; 191: E1042-E1048
- Changes in fat mass and lean body mass and outcomes in type 2 diabetes mellitus.Intern Emerg Med. 2022; 17: 1073-1080
- Association between regional body fat and cardiovascular disease risk among postmenopausal women with normal body mass index.Eur Heart J. 2019; 40: 2849-2855
- Adiposity and incident heart failure and its subtypes: MESA (Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis).JACC Heart Fail. 2018; 6: 999-1007
- Association between regional adipose tissue distribution and risk of heart failure among Blacks.Circ Heart Fail. 2018; 11e005629
- Comparison of regional fat measurements by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry and conventional anthropometry and their association with markers of diabetes and cardiovascular disease risk.Int J Obes (Lond). 2018; 42: 850-857
- Reference values for skeletal muscle mass and fat mass measured by bioelectrical impedance in 390 565 UK adults.J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2020; 11: 487-496
- UK biobank: an open access resource for identifying the causes of a wide range of complex diseases of middle and old age.PLoS Med. 2015; 12e1001779
- Socioeconomic deprivation index is associated with psychiatric disorders: an observational and genome-wide gene-by-environment interaction analysis in the UK Biobank Cohort.Biol Psychiatry. 2021; 89: 888-895
- Cardiorespiratory fitness, body mass index and heart failure incidence.Eur J Heart Fail. 2019; 21: 436-444
- Mechanisms and metabolic implications of regional differences among fat depots.Cell Metab. 2013; 17: 644-656
- Human fat cell lipolysis: biochemistry, regulation and clinical role.Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005; 19: 471-482
- Protective and pathogenic functions of macrophage subsets.Nat Rev Immunol. 2011; 11: 723-737
- Gender differences in regional fatty acid metabolism before and after meal ingestion.J Clin Invest. 1995; 96: 2297-2303
- Association of genetic variants related to gluteofemoral vs abdominal fat distribution with type 2 diabetes, coronary disease, and cardiovascular risk factors.JAMA. 2018; 320: 2553-2563
- Causes, consequences, and treatment of metabolically unhealthy fat distribution.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2020; 8: 616-627
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: This work was supported in part by National Natural Science Foundation of China project 82000298 and Natural Science Foundation of Hunan Province 2021JJ40883 to ZX.
Conflicts of Interest: The authors declare that they do not have any competing interests.
The study's funder played no role in study design, data arrangement, data statistics, or writing. The corresponding author had full access to all data in the study and had final responsibility for the decision to submit for publication
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript. They all have approved the manuscript and have agreed to its publication.