Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Risk factors for gastrointestinal bleeding in critically ill patients.N Engl J Med. 1994; 330: 377-381
- ASHP therapeutic guidelines on stress ulcer prophylaxis.Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 1999; 56: 347-379
- Stress ulcer prophylaxis in the intensive care unit.Curr Opin Crit Care. 2016; 22: 186-190
- Prevention of stress-related ulcer bleeding at the intensive care unit: Risks and benefits of stress ulcer prophylaxis.World J Crit Care Med. 2016; 5: 57-64
- Association of histamine-2 blockers and proton pump inhibitors with delirium development in critically ill adults: a retrospective cohort study.Crit Care Explor. 2021; 3: e0507
- Inappropriate continuation of stress ulcer prophylactic therapy after discharge.Ann Pharmacother. 2007; 41: 1611-1616
- Impact of a clinical pharmacist stress ulcer prophylaxis management program on inappropriate use in hospitalized patients.Am J Med. 2015; 128: 905-913
Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) worksheet. Available at: http://www.ihi.org/resources/Pages/Tools/PlanDoStudyActWorksheet.aspx. Accessed June 7, 2021.
- Stress-related gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a multicenter retrospective observational study.Neurocrit Care. 2021; 35: 39-45
Institute for Healthcare Improvement. QI Essentials Toolkit: Run chart & control chart. Available at: https://www.ihi.org/resources/Pages/Tools/Quality-Improvement-Essentials-Toolkit.aspx. Accessed August 30, 2022.
- Evaluation of discontinuation of atypical antipsychotics prescribed for ICU delirium.J Pharm Pract. 2012; 26: 252-256
- A pharmacy-based electronic handoff tool to reduce discharge prescribing of atypical antipsychotics initiated in the intensive care unit: a quality improvement initiative.J Pharm Pract. 2019; 32: 434-441
- Pantoprazole in patients at risk for gastrointestinal bleeding in the ICU.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2199-2208
- Stress ulcer prophylaxis in the new millennium: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Crit Care Med. 2010; 38: 2222-2228
- Stress ulcer prophylaxis in intensive care unit patients receiving enteral nutrition: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Crit Care. 2018; 22: 20
- Polypharmacy: evaluating risks and deprescribing.Am Fam Physician. 2019; 100: 32-38
- PHarmacist Avoidance or Reductions in Medical costs in CRITically ill adults: PHARM-CRIT study.Crit Care Explor. 2021; 3: e0594
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors participated in the preparation of this manuscript.