Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- B-type natriuretic peptides and cardiovascular risk: systematic review and meta-analysis of 40 prospective studies.Circulation. 2009; 120: 2177-2187
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide and cardiovascular or all-cause mortality in the general population: a meta-analysis.Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 41504
- N-terminal fragment of the prohormone brain-type natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP), cardiovascular events, and mortality in patients with stable coronary heart disease.JAMA. 2007; 297: 169-176
- Natriuretic peptides and integrated risk assessment for cardiovascular disease: an individual-participant-data meta-analysis.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2016; 4: 840-849
- 2013 ACCF/AHA guideline for the management of heart failure: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force.Circulation. 2013; 128: e240-e327
- Universal definition and classification of heart failure [online ahead of print].J Card Fail. 2021; (S1071-9164(21)00050-6)
- The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study: design and objectives. The ARIC investigators.Am J Epidemiol. 1989; 129: 687-702
- Cardiac natriuretic peptides act via p38 MAPK to induce the brown fat thermogenic program in mouse and human adipocytes.J Clin Invest. 2012; 122: 1022-1036
- Natriuretic peptides, their receptors, and cyclic guanosine monophosphate-dependent signaling functions.Endocr Rev. 2006; 27: 47-72
- Natriuretic peptides and cardiometabolic health.Circ J. 2015; 79: 1647-1655
- PONTIAC (NT-proBNP selected prevention of cardiac events in a population of diabetic patients without a history of cardiac disease): a prospective randomized controlled trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 1365-1372
- Which heart failure patients profit from natriuretic peptide guided therapy? A meta-analysis from individual patient data of randomized trials.Eur J Heart Fail. 2015; 17: 1252-1261
- Natriuretic peptide-based screening and collaborative care for heart failure: the STOP-HF randomized trial.JAMA. 2013; 310: 66-74
- Cost-effectiveness of natriuretic peptide-based screening and collaborative care: a report from the STOP-HF (St Vincent's Screening TO Prevent Heart Failure) study.Eur J Heart Fail. 2015; 17: 672-679
- Cost-effectiveness of screening with B-type natriuretic peptide to identify patients with reduced left ventricular ejection fraction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 43: 1019-1026
- Retrospective analysis of the cost-effectiveness of using plasma brain natriuretic peptide in screening for left ventricular systolic dysfunction in the general population.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 41: 113-120
- 2016 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure: The Task Force for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC)Developed with the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC.Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 2129-2200
- Testing for BNP and NT-proBNP in the diagnosis and prognosis of heart failure.Evid Rep Technol Assess (Full Rep). 2006; : 1-147
- Role of biomarkers for the prevention, assessment, and management of heart failure: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2017; 135: e1054-e1091
- Agreement between self-report questionnaires and medical record data was substantial for diabetes, hypertension, myocardial infarction and stroke but not for heart failure.J Clin Epidemiol. 2004; 57: 1096-1103
- Comparison of self-report, hospital discharge codes, and adjudication of cardiovascular events in the Women's Health Initiative.Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 160: 1152-1158
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities study has been funded in whole or in part with federal funds from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) , National Institutes of Health (NHI), Department of Health and Human Services , under contract nos. HHSN268201700001I , HHSN268201700002I , HHSN268201700003I , HHSN268201700005I , HHSN268201700004I . The content of this work is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH. Justin B. Echouffo-Tcheugui was supported by NIH/NHLBI grant K23 HL153774 . Elizabeth Selvin was supported by NIH/National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases grants K24 HL152440 , R01DK089174 .
Conflicts of Interest: No potential conflicts of interest relevant to this article were reported.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript. The data are available from the authors upon request.