- •An updated, revised national curriculum for core Internal Medicine clerkships was necessary to account for significant changes and advances in medicine and medical education.
- •Surveys of Internal Medicine clerkship directors determined the purposes as well as the content, structure, and format of the new curriculum.
- •An updated, easily modifiable national core curriculum for Internal Medicine clerkships is available online to assist clerkship directors and other curriculum developers in planning student education, aligning content with national assessments and competencies, and directing development of learning resources.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- American medical education 100 years after the Flexner Report.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 1339-1344
- Curriculum changes and trends 2010-2020: A focused national review using the AAMC Curriculum Inventory and the LCME Annual Medical School Questionnaire Part II.Acad Med. 2020; 95: S5-S14
- A national survey of undergraduate clinical education in internal medicine.J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34: 699-704
- Obeso V Brown D Aiyer M for Core EPAs for Entering Residency Pilot Program. Toolkits for the 13 Core Entrustable Professional Activities for Entering Residency. Association of American Medical Colleges, Washington, DC20174)
- Revision of a national internal medicine curriculum: Process and outcomes.AJM. 2008; 121: 1019-1025
- Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine.A Resource for Teachers and Learners, Alexandria VA2006
- Ten questions to ask when planning a course or curriculum.Medical Education. 1986; 20: 356-365
- A national general pediatric clerkship curriculum: the process of development and implementation.Pediatrics. 2000; 106 (Pt 2): 216-222
- A collaborative model for developing and maintaining virtual patients for medical education.Medical Teacher. 2011; 33: 319-324
- The New Internal Medicine Subinternship Curriculum Guide: A report from the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine.JGIM. 2019; 34: 1342-1347
- Internal Medicine Milestones. 2021; (Available at) (Accessed September 12)
- Toward a common taxonomy of competency domains for health professions and competencies for physicians.Academic Medicine. 2013; 88: 1088-1094
- About AAIM. 2021; (Available at) (Accessed September 12)
- Core Medicine Clerkship Curriculum Guide. 2021; (Available at) (Accessed September 12)