Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
U.S. Embassy in Georgia. Meet the U.S. scientist who invented the N95 mask filter. Available at: https://ge.usembassy.gov/meet-the-u-s-scientist-who-invented-the-n95-mask-filter. Accessed November 20, 2021.
U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. Ancillary respirator information. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topics/respirators/disp_part/respsource3fittest.html. Accessed November 20, 2021.
- Do N95 respirators provide 95% protection level against airborne viruses, and how adequate are surgical masks?.Am J Infect Control. 2006; 34: 51-57
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 2007 Guideline for isolation precautions: preventing transmission of infectious agents in healthcare settings. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/pdf/guidelines/isolation-guidelines-H.pdf. Accessed November 20, 2021.
- Strategies for rational use of personal protective equipment (PPE) among healthcare providers during the COVID-19 crisis.Cureus. 2020; 12: e8248
- Clinical features of COVID-19 in elderly patients: a comparison with young and middle-aged patients.J Infect. 2020; 80: e14-e18
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Stockpiled N95 Respirators Q/A. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/respirator-use-faq.html. Accessed November 20, 2021.
- Respirator tolerance in health care workers.JAMA. 2009; 301: 36-38
- Decontamination and reuse of N95 filtering facepiece respirators: where do we stand?.Anesth Analg. 2021; 132: 2-14
- Effectiveness of adding a mask recommendation to other public health measures to prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection in Danish mask wearers: a randomized control trial.Ann Internal Med. 2021; 174: 335-343
- Evaluation and discussion of handmade face-masks and commercial diving-equipment as personal protection in pandemic scenarios.PLoS One. 2020; 15e0237899
- Method, material, and machine: a review for the surgeon using three-dimensional printing for accelerated device production.J Am Coll Surg. 2021; 232: 726-737.e19
- Impact of 3D printed medical equipment on the management of the COVID-19 pandemic.Int J Health Plann Manage. 2020; 35: 1014-1022
- Effect of clear vs standard covered masks on communication with patients during surgical clinic encounters: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA Surg. 2021; 156: 372-378
- Effect of test exercises and mask donning on measured respirator fit.Appl Occup Environ Hyg. 1999; 14: 827-837
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). NIOSH-approved filtering facepiece respirators. Available at:https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topics/respirators/disp_part/default.html. Accessed November 20, 2021.
Thingiverse. Items 4240948, 4256244, and 4225667. Available at: www.thingiverse.com. Accessed on December 3, 2020.
Myminifactory. Available at: https://www.myminifactory.com/search/?query=respirators. Accessed December 3, 2020.
Occupational Health and Safety Administration. Fit testing procedures. Available at: https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_id=9780&p_table=STANDARDS. Accessed on December 3, 2020.
- COVID-19 and the N95 respirator shortage: closing the gap.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020; 41: 958
- Characterization and comparison of the utilization of Facebook groups between public medical professionals and technical communities to facilitate idea sharing and crowdsourcing during the COVID-19 pandemic: cross-sectional observational study.JMIR. 2021; 5: e22983
Food and Drug Administration. 3D printing in FDA's rapid response to COVID-19. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/3d-printing-fdas-rapid-response-covid-19. Accessed on November 20, 2021.
- The global rise of 3D printing during the COVID-19 pandemic.Nat Rev Mater. 2020; 5: 637-639
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.