Case Study Example Utilizing CTCA
CTCA and Coronary Artery Calcium
When Should a CTCA Be Considered?
Fractional Flow Reserve
- SCCT 2021 Expert Consensus Document on Coronary Computed Tomographic Angiography: a report of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2021; 15: 192-217
- 2021 AHA/ACC/ASE/CHEST/SAEM/SCCT/SCMR guideline for the evaluation and diagnosis of chest pain: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Joint Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines.Circulation. 2021; 144: e368-e454
- Our preoccupation with coronary luminology: the dissociation between clinical and angiographic findings in ischemic heart disease.Circulation. 1995; 92: 2333-2342
- The composition and extent of coronary artery plaque detected by multislice computed tomographic angiography provides incremental prognostic value in patients with suspected coronary artery disease.Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012; 28: 621-631
- Coronary computed tomography angiography from clinical uses to emerging technologies: JACC state-of-the-art review.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 78: 1226-1243
- Prevention of coronary heart disease: a translational clinical challenge.World J Cardiovasc Dis. 2022; 12: 11-23
- Ten-year association of coronary artery calcium with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) events: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis (MESA).Eur Heart J. 2018; 39: 2401-2408
- Coronary CT angiography and 5-year risk of myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 924-933
- Stop stenting; start reversing atherosclerosis.Am J Med. 2021; 134: 301-303
- Computed tomography angiography-derived fractional flow reserve (CT-FFR) for the detection of myocardial ischemia with invasive fractional flow reserve as reference: systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur Radiol. 2020; 30: 712-725
- Fractional flow reserve derived from coronary computed tomography angiography datasets: the next frontier in noninvasive assessment of coronary artery disease.Biomed Res Int. 2018; 20182680430
Funding: The authors received no external funding support for this manuscript.
Conflicts of Interest: The authors have no conflicts of interests relevant to this manuscript. The authors have nothing to disclose.
Authorship: All authors have participated in the preparation of the manuscript.