Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2018: Impacts, Risks, and Adaptation in the United States: Fourth National Climate Assessment, Volume II.U.S. Global Change Research Program, Washington, DC2018https://doi.org/10.7930/NCA4.2018
- Climate change and health: a position paper of the American College of Physicians.Ann Intern Med. 2016; 164: 608-610https://doi.org/10.7326/M15-2766
- Heat stress in older individuals and patients with common chronic diseases.CMAJ. 2010; 182: 1053-1060https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.081050
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Climate change and extreme heat: what you can do to prepare. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/climateandhealth/pbs/extreme-heat-guidebook.pdf. Accessed February 2, 2022.
- Particulate matter air pollution and cardiovascular disease: an update to the scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2010; 121: 2331-2378https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e3181dbece1
American Lung Association. Health impact of air pollution. Available at: https://www.lung.org/research/sota/health-risks. Accessed February 2, 2022.
Marlon J, Neyens L, Jefferson M, Howe P, Mildenberger M, Leiserowtiz A. Yale climate opinion maps 2020. Available at: https://climatecommunication.yale.edu/visualizations-data/ycom-us/. Accessed November 8, 2021.
- A survey of public perception and response to heat warnings across four North American cities: an evaluation of municipal effectiveness.Int J Biometeorology. 2022; 52: 3-15
- Family medicine patient and physician attitudes toward climate change and health in Wisconsin.Wilderness Environ Med. 2019; 30 (386-339)
Griswold E. How to talk about climate change across the political divide. The New Yorker. Available at: https://www.newyorker.com/news/on-religion/how-to-talk-about-climate-change-across-the-political-divide. Accessed February 2, 2022.
Conflicts of Interest: None. The viewpoints expressed reflect those of the authors and not those of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript