Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- National burden of heart failure events in the United States, 2006 to 2014.Circ Heart Fail. 2018; 11e004873https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCHEARTFAILURE.117.004873
- Freedom from congestion predicts good survival despite previous class IV symptoms of heart failure.Am Heart J. 2000; 140: 840-847https://doi.org/10.1067/mhj.2000.110933
- Assessing and grading congestion in acute heart failure: a scientific statement from the acute heart failure committee of the heart failure association of the European Society of Cardiology and endorsed by the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine.Eur J Heart Fail. 2010; 12: 423-433https://doi.org/10.1093/eurjhf/hfq045
- Cardiorenal interactions: insights from the ESCAPE trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 51: 1268-1274https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2007.08.072
- Importance of venous congestion for worsening of renal function in advanced decompensated heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53: 589-596https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2008.05.068
- Association of volume overload with kidney function outcomes among patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction.Kidney Int Rep. 2020; 5: 1661-1669https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ekir.2020.07.015
- Prevalence, predictors and clinical outcome of residual congestion in acute decompensated heart failure.Int J Cardiol. 2018; 258: 185-191https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2018.01.067
- Markers of decongestion, dyspnea relief, and clinical outcomes among patients hospitalized with acute heart failure.Circ Heart Fail. 2013; 6: 240-245https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCHEARTFAILURE.112.969246
- Effects of oral tolvaptan in patients hospitalized for worsening heart failure: the EVEREST Outcome Trial.JAMA. 2007; 297: 1319-1331https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.297.12.1319
- Clinical course and predictive value of congestion during hospitalization in patients admitted for worsening signs and symptoms of heart failure with reduced ejection fraction: findings from the EVEREST trial.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 835-843https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehs444
- The role of the clinical examination in patients with heart failure.JACC Heart Fail. 2018; 6: 543-551https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jchf.2018.04.005
- Relation of volume overload to clinical outcomes in acute heart failure (From ASCEND-HF).Am J Cardiol. 2018; 122: 1506-1512https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2018.07.023
- Effect of right ventricular function and venous congestion on cardiorenal interactions during the treatment of decompensated heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 2010; 105: 511-516https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2009.10.020
- Admission, discharge, or change in B-type natriuretic peptide and long-term outcomes: data from Organized Program to Initiate Lifesaving Treatment in Hospitalized Patients with Heart Failure (OPTIMIZE-HF) linked to Medicare claims.Circ Heart Fail. 2011; 4: 628-636https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCHEARTFAILURE.111.962290
- Persistent pulmonary congestion before discharge predicts rehospitalization in heart failure: a lung ultrasound study.Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2015; 13: 40https://doi.org/10.1186/s12947-015-0033-4
- Efficacy of rapid decongestion strategy in patients hospitalized for acute heart failure.Circ J. 2020; 84: 958-964https://doi.org/10.1253/circj.CJ-19-1128
- Short-term change in kidney function and risk of end-stage renal disease.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012; 27: 3835-3843https://doi.org/10.1093/ndt/gfs263
Funding: KL2 (TR002545-04)
Conflicts of Interest: JMT reports grants and/or personal fees from 3ive labs, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol Myers Squibb, Astra Zeneca, Novartis, Cardionomic, MagentaMed, Reprieve inc., FIRE1, W.L. Gore, Sanofi, Sequana Medical, Otsuka, Abbott, Merck, Windtree Therapeutics, Lexicon pharmaceuticals, Precardia, Relypsa, Regeneron, BD, Edwards life sciences, and Lilly; and has a patent Treatment of diuretic resistance issued to Yale and Corvidia Therapeutics Inc, a patent Methods for measuring renalase issued to Yale, and a patent Treatment of diuretic resistance pending with Reprieve inc. MAK is the chair for the DSMB for BMS, and receives grant support from Otsuka and SC Pharma. JEU received grant support from Otsuka. MJS sits on the Steering Committee for Akebia with funds paid to Tufts Medical Center. WMcC, HT, MG report none.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.