Abbreviations:DE-CTPA (Dual-energy computed tomography pulmonary angiogram), DOAC (Direct oral anticoagulant), SPECT V/Q (Single-photon emission computed tomography ventilation-perfusion), TTE (Transthoracic echocardiogram)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Early anticoagulation is associated with reduced mortality for acute pulmonary embolism.Chest. 2010; 137: 1382-1390
- 2019 ESC guidelines for the diagnosis and management of acute pulmonary embolism developed in collaboration with the European Respiratory Society (ERS): the Task Force for the diagnosis and management of acute pulmonary embolism of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).Eur Heart J. 2019; 41: 543-603
- Pulmonary embolism and gas exchange.Respiration. 2019; 98: 253-262
- Dual-energy CT for imaging of pulmonary hypertension: challenges and opportunities.Radiographics. 2014; 34: 1769-1790
- Dual Energy CT lung perfusion imaging–correlation with SPECT/CT.Eur J Radiol. 2012; 81: 360-365
- Predictors of residual pulmonary vascular obstruction after pulmonary embolism: results from a prospective cohort study.Thromb Res. 2020; 194: 1-7
- Long-term prognostic value of residual pulmonary vascular obstruction at discharge in patients with intermediate- to high-risk pulmonary embolism.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 693-701
- Residual pulmonary embolism as a predictor for recurrence after a first unprovoked episode: results from the REVERSE cohort study.Thromb Res. 2018; 162: 104-109
- Detection of residual pulmonary vascular obstruction by ventilation-perfusion lung scan late after a first pulmonary embolism.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 119: 1883-1889
- What's next after the clot? Residual pulmonary vascular obstruction after pulmonary embolism: from imaging finding to clinical consequences.Thromb Res. 2019; 184: 67-76
Funding: This manuscript has no relevant disclosures in the form of grants, gifts, or other forms of financial support.
Conflicts of Interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose. The authors have no relationships with industry.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript. SG: Investigation, Data curation, Formal analysis, Writing – original draft, review, & editing; VU: Investigation, Writing – original draft; MK: Resources, Investigation, Methodology; RB: Methodology, Writing – review & editing; VL: Conceptualization, Writing – review & editing; JP: Visualization, Writing – review & editing; GC: Supervision, Writing – review & editing; SD: Resources, Investigation, Methodology, Project administration; PR: Conceptualization, Methodology, Formal analysis, Visualization, Supervision, Project administration, Writing – review & editing.