Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Changes in comorbidities, diagnoses, therapies and outcomes in a contemporary cardiac intensive care unit population.Am Heart J. 2019; 215: 12-19https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahj.2019.05.012
- Noncardiovascular disease and critical care delivery in a contemporary cardiac and medical intensive care unit.J Intensive Care Med. 2019; 34: 537-543https://doi.org/10.1177/0885066617741873
- A history of outcome prediction in the ICU.Curr Opin Crit Care. 2014; 20: 550-556https://doi.org/10.1097/MCC.0000000000000138
- Past, present, and future of mortality risk scores in the contemporary cardiac intensive care unit.Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care. 2021; 10: 940-946https://doi.org/10.1093/ehjacc/zuab072
- The Braden scale for predicting pressure sore risk.Nurs Res. 1987; 36: 205-210
- Admission Braden skin score independently predicts mortality in cardiac intensive care patients.Mayo Clin Proc. 2019; 94: 1994-2003https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mayocp.2019.04.038
- Derivation and validation of a novel cardiac intensive care unit admission risk score for mortality.J Am Heart Assoc. 2019; 8e013675https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.119.013675
- Editor's Choice - Frailty and the management of patients with acute cardiovascular disease: a position paper from the Acute Cardiovascular Care Association.Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care. 2018; 7: 176-193https://doi.org/10.1177/2048872618758931
- Frailty assessment in the cardiovascular care of older adults.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 747-762https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2013.09.070
- Frailty: toward a clinical definition.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2008; 9: 71-72https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamda.2007.11.005
- Instruments for the detection of frailty syndrome in older adults: a systematic review.PLoS One. 2019; 14e0216166https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0216166
- Frailty in older adults: evidence for a phenotype.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2001; 56: M146-M156https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/56.3.m146
- Admission diagnosis and mortality risk prediction in a contemporary cardiac intensive care unit population.Am Heart J. 2020; 224: 57-64https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahj.2020.02.018
- Prevalence, attributes, and outcomes of fitness and frailty in community-dwelling older adults: report from the Canadian study of health and aging.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2004; 59: 1310-1317https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/59.12.1310
- Development and validation of a hospital frailty risk score focusing on older people in acute care settings using electronic hospital records: an observational study.Lancet. 2018; 391: 1775-1782https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(18)30668-8
- The impact of frailty on intensive care unit outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Intensive Care Med. 2017; 43: 1105-1122https://doi.org/10.1007/s00134-017-4867-0
- Early mobility in frail and non-frail older adults admitted to the cardiovascular intensive care unit.J Crit Care. 2018; 47: 9-14https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrc.2018.05.013
- Older adults in the cardiac intensive care unit: factoring geriatric syndromes in the management, prognosis, and process of care: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2020; 141: e6-e32https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000741
- Can Braden score predict outcomes for hospitalized heart failure patients?.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017; 65: 1328-1332https://doi.org/10.1111/jgs.14801
- Standard assessments of frailty are validated predictors of mortality in hospitalized patients with cirrhosis.Hepatology. 2015; 62: 584-590https://doi.org/10.1002/hep.27830
- Predictive validity of the Braden scale for pressure ulcer risk in critical care: a meta-analysis.Nurs Crit Care. 2020; 25: 165-170https://doi.org/10.1111/nicc.12500
- Pressure ulcer incidence and risk factors in ventilated intensive care patients.J Crit Care. 2010; 25: 469-476https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrc.2009.09.002
- Pressure ulcer risk assessment in critical care: interrater reliability and validity studies of the Braden and Waterlow scales and subjective ratings in two intensive care units.Int J Nurs Stud. 2010; 47: 671-677https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2009.11.005
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.