Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Magrane D, Jolly P. The changing representation of men and women in academic medicine. Analysis in Brief, Association of the American Medical Colleges.2005;5. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/media/9991/download. Accessed February 14, 2022.
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. ACGME Data Resource Book. 2020. Available at:https://www.acgme.org/About-Us/Publications-and-Resources/Graduate-Medical-Education-Data-Resource-Book. Accessed December 1, 2020.
Royal College of Physicians. Census of consultant physicians and higher specialty trainees in the UK. Available at:https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/projects/census-consultant-physicians-and-higher-specialty-trainees-uk. Accessed November 30, 2020.
- Women in medicine: addressing the gender gap in interventional cardiology.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 72: 2663-2667
- 10 recommendations to enhance recruitment, retention, and career advancement of women cardiologists.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 74: 1839-1842
- Women physicians and promotion in academic medicine.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 2148-2157
- Changes in the professional lives of cardiologists over 2 decades.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 69: 452-462
- Sexual harassment and discrimination experiences of academic medical faculty.JAMA. 2016; 315: 2120-2121
Conflicts of Interest: MC serves on the steering committee for CHAMPION AF and has received research funding from both Boston Scientific and Edwards LifeSciences. The remaining authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript. KB: Conceptualization, methodology, formal analysis, investigation, data curation, writing – original draft, visualization; SED: Validation, investigation, data curation, writing – review & editing, visualization, project administration; SK: Methodology, formal analysis, writing – review & editing; PSD: Conceptualization, methodology, writing – review & editing; SW: Conceptualization, methodology, writing – review & editing; MC: Conceptualization, methodology, resources, writing – review & editing, supervision.