Colorectal cancer screening (PDQ®): Health professional version.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Colorectal cancer screening: Estimated future colonoscopy need and current volume and capacity.Cancer. 2016; 122: 2479-2486
- 2016 Update on medical overuse: a systematic review.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1687-1692
- The state of overuse measurement: a critical review.Med Care Res Rev. 2013; 70: 473-496
- Taking action to address medical overuse: common challenges and facilitators.Am J Med. 2020; 133: 567-572
- Advancing high-value health care: a new AJM column dedicated to cost-conscious care quality improvement.Am J Med. 2017; 130: 619-621
- Colorectal cancer screening (PDQ®): Health professional version.PDQ Cancer Information Summaries. National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD2021 (Available at:)Accessed January 29, 2021)
- Screening for colorectal, breast, and cervical cancer in the elderly: a review of the evidence.Am J Med. 2005; 118: 1078-1086
- Screening for colorectal cancer: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.JAMA. 2021; 325: 1965-1977
- US Preventive Services Task Force recommendations for colorectal cancer screening: forty-five is the new fifty.JAMA. 2021; 325: 1943-1945
- Undermeasuring overuse–an examination of national clinical performance measures.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 1709-1711
- Trends in Low-value health service use and spending in the US Medicare fee-for-service program, 2014-2018.JAMA Netw Open. 2021; 4e2037328
- Assessing colorectal cancer screening adherence of Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries age 76 to 95 years.J Oncol Pract. 2016; 12: e670-e680
- Developing and testing an electronic measure of screening colonoscopy overuse in a large integrated healthcare system.J Gen Intern Med. 2016; 31: 53-60
- Physician non-adherence to colonoscopy interval guidelines in the veterans affairs healthcare system.Gastroenterology. 2015; 149: 938-951
- Overuse of health care services in the United States: an understudied problem.Arch Intern Med. 2012; 172: 171-178
- Underuse and overuse of colonoscopy for repeat screening and surveillance in the veterans health administration.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016; 14: e431
- Overuse of screening colonoscopy in the Medicare population.Arch Intern.Med. 2011; 171: 1335-1343
- Overuse of colonoscopy for colorectal cancer screening and surveillance.J Gen Intern Med. 2015; 30: 277-283
- Low-value proton pump inhibitor prescriptions among older adults at a large academic health system.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2019; 67: 2600-2604
- Estimating the agreement and diagnostic accuracy of two diagnostic tests when one test is conducted on only a subsample of specimens.Stat Med. 2012; 31: 436-448
- Developing a natural language processing application for measuring the quality of colonoscopy procedures.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2011; 18: i150-i156
Funding: The Melvin & Bren Simon Gastroenterology Quality Improvement Program. All data collection and analysis were performed independently.
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.