Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2011 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2011; 123: e18-e209
- Hyperthermia after cardiac arrest is associated with an unfavorable neurologic outcome.Arch Intern Med. 2001; 161: 2007-2012
- Outcome, timing and adverse events in therapeutic hypothermia after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2009; 53: 926-934
- Mild therapeutic hypothermia to improve the neurologic outcome after cardiac arrest.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 549-556
- Therapeutic hypothermia and controlled normothermia in the intensive care unit: practical considerations, side effects, and cooling methods.Crit Care Med. 2009; 37: 1101-1120
- Targeted temperature management at 33°C versus 36°C after cardiac arrest.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 2197-2206
- Effects of in-hospital low targeted temperature after out of hospital cardiac arrest: a systematic review with meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.Resuscitation. 2015; 91: 8-18
- European resuscitation council and european society of intensive care medicine guidelines 2021: post-resuscitation care.Resuscitation. 2021; 161: 220-269
- Part 3: adult basic and advanced life support: 2020 American Heart Association guidelines for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care.Circulation. 2020; 142: S366-S468
- Hypothermia versus normothermia after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.N Engl J Med. 2021; 384: 2283-2294
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: explanation and elaboration.PLoS Med. 2009; 6e1000100
- The Cochrane Collaboration's tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials.BMJ. 2011; 343: d5928
- Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses.BMJ. 2003; 327: 557-560
- Meta-analysis of randomized trials of intracoronary versus intravenous glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 120: 1055-1061
- Mild hypothermia induced by a helmet device: a clinical feasibility study.Resuscitation. 2001; 51: 275-281
- High-volume hemofiltration after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a randomized study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46: 432-437
- Treatment of comatose survivors of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with induced hypothermia.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 557-563
- Targeted temperature management for cardiac arrest with nonshockable rhythm.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 2327-2337
- The evolution of serum astroglial S-100 β protein in patients with cardiac arrest treated with mild hypothermia.Resuscitation. 2005; 64: 187-192
- Development and validation of the cerebral performance categories-extended (CPC-E).Resuscitation. 2015; 94: 98-105
- Outcomes validity and reliability of the modified Rankin scale: implications for stroke clinical trials: a literature review and synthesis.Stroke. 2007; 38: 1091-1096
- Severe QTc prolongation under mild hypothermia treatment and incidence of arrhythmias after cardiac arrest—a prospective study in 34 survivors with continuous Holter ECG.Resuscitation. 2011; 82: 859-862
- Electrocardiographic changes during induced therapeutic hypothermia in comatose survivors after cardiac arrest.World J Cardiol. 2015; 7: 423-430
- Therapeutic hypothermia-induced electrocardiographic changes and relations to in-hospital mortality.Clin Cardiol. 2014; 37: 97-102
- Hypothermia and cardiac electrophysiology: a systematic review of clinical and experimental data.Cardiovasc Res. 2019; 115: 501-509
- Translating targeted temperature management trials into postarrest care.N Engl J Med. 2021; 384: 2344-2345
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript. Registration: PROSPERO (ID 268865).