Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Taking telemedicine to the next level in diabetes population management: a review of the endo ECHO model.Curr Diab Rep. 2016; 16: 96
- Evaluation of technology-enabled collaborative learning and capacity building models: A report to Congress.RAND, Santa Monica, CA2019
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C virus infection by primary care providers.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 2199-2207
- Project ECHO: a telementoring program for cervical cancer prevention and treatment in low-resource settings.J Glob Oncol. 2017; 3: 658-665
- Project ECHO-geriatrics: training future primary care providers to meet the needs of older adults.J Grad Med Educ. 2018; 10: 311-315
- Dermatology ECHO - an innovative solution to address limited access to dermatology expertise.Rural Remote Health. 2018; 18: 4415
- Creating a virtual community of practice: an evaluation of ophthalmology-optometry Project ECHO.Eye (Lond). 2018; 32: 1910-1911
- Project ECHO: telementoring to educate and support prescribing of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis by community medical providers.Sex Health. 2018; 15: 601-605
- Army and Navy ECHO pain telementoring improves clinician opioid prescribing for military patients: an observational cohort study.J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34: 387-395
- Development of a sleep telementorship program for rural department of veterans affairs primary care providers: sleep Veterans Affairs extension for community healthcare outcomes.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2017; 14: 267-274
- Translating sickle cell guidelines into practice for primary care providers with Project ECHO.Med Educ Online. 2016; 21: 33616
- Telemedicine specialty support promotes hepatitis C treatment by primary care providers in the Department of Veterans Affairs.Am J Med. 2017; 130: 432-438.e433
- Treating hepatitis C in American Indians/Alaskan Natives: a survey of Project ECHO((R)) (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) utilization by Indian Health Service providers.SAGE Open Med. 2015; 32050312115612805
- Rheumatology care in under-resourced areas utilizing the ECHO model.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2020; 72: 850-858
Project Echo, University of New Mexico. Project ECHO Partner Portal. Available at: https://echo.unm.edu/echos-impact. Accessed September 5, 2020.
Langston C. Project ECHO: enthusiasm overtakes evidence. Health Affairs Blog.January 3, 2017. Available at: https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20170103.058153/full. Accessed May 13, 2021.
- The impact of project ECHO on participant and patient outcomes: a systematic review.Acad Med. 2016; 91: 1439-1461
- Impact of a primary care provider (PCP) tele-mentoring and community health worker intervention on utilization in Medicaid patients with diabetes.Endocr Pract. 2020; 26: 1070-1076
- Impact of a community health workers-led structured program on blood glucose control among latinos with type 2 diabetes: the DIALBEST trial.Diabetes Care. 2015; 38: 197-205
- Effect of a community health worker intervention among Latinos with poorly controlled type 2 diabetes: the Miami Healthy Heart Initiative Randomized Clinical Trial.JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177: 948-954
- Endo ECHO improves primary care provider and community health worker self-efficacy in complex diabetes management in medically underserved communities.Endocr Pract. 2018; 24: 40-46
- Building capacity to reduce disparities in diabetes: training community health workers using an integrated distance learning model.Diabetes Educ. 2012; 38: 386-396
- Investigating concordance in diabetes diagnosis between primary care charts (electronic medical records) and health administrative data: a retrospective cohort study.BMC Health Serv Res. 2010; 10: 347
- Automated detection and classification of type 1 versus type 2 diabetes using electronic health record data.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 914-921
- Development and validation of algorithms to identify newly diagnosed type 1 and type 2 diabetes in pediatric population using electronic medical records and claims data.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2019; 28: 234-243
National Quality Forum. Measures, Reports & Tools. Available at: http://www.qualityforum.org/measures_reports_tools.aspx Accessed September 5, 2020.
- 2013 NCHS urban-rural classification scheme for counties.Vital Health Stat 2. 2014; : 1-73
- Optimal caliper widths for propensity-score matching when estimating differences in means and differences in proportions in observational studies.Pharm Stat. 2011; 10: 150-161
- Large sample properties of matching estimators for average treatment effects.J Econometrica. 2006; 74: 235-267
- Estimation of extended mixed models using latent classes and latent processes: The R package lcmm.J Stat Softw. 2017; 78: 1-56
- Standards of medical care in diabetes 2019.Diabetes Care. 2019; 42: S81
- Improved glycemic control in veterans with poorly controlled diabetes mellitus using a specialty care access network-extension for community healthcare outcomes model at primary care clinics.J Telemed Telecare. 2016; 22: 221-224
- Regression to the mean contributes to the apparent improvement in glycemia 3.8 years after screening: the ELSA-Brasil Study.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: 81-88
Paul M, Davila Saad A, Billings J, Blecker S, Bouchonville MF, Berry C. MON-190 endo ECHO improves patient-reported measures of access to care, health care quality, self-care behaviors, and overall quality of life for patients with complex diabetes in medically underserved areas of New Mexico. J Endocr Soc. 2019;3(Supplement_1):MON-190.
- A telementoring intervention leads to improvements in self-reported measures of health care access and quality among patients with complex diabetes.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2020; 31: 1124-1133
Funding: This study was supported by The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust.
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.