Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Hospital readmissions in patients with cirrhosis: a systematic review.J Hosp Med. 2018; 13: 490-495
- Nationwide estimates and risk factors of hospital readmission in patients with cirrhosis in the United States.Liver Int. 2019; 39: 878-884
- Readmission rates and associated outcomes for alcoholic hepatitis: a nationwide cohort study.Dig Dis Sci. 2020; 65: 990-1002
- Incidence and risk factors associated with 30-day readmission for alcoholic hepatitis.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2019; 53: 759-764
- Alcohol rehabilitation within 30 days of hospital discharge is associated with reduced readmission, relapse, and death in patients with alcoholic hepatitis.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020; 18: 477-485.e5
- Risk factors for 30-day readmissions of individuals with decompensated cirrhosis.South Med J. 2015; 108: 682-687
- Hospital readmissions among patients with decompensated cirrhosis.Am J Gastroenterol. 2012; 107: 247-252
- Efficacy of a chronic disease management model for patients with chronic liver failure.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013; 11: 850-858.e4
- Outpatient telephonic transitional care after hospital discharge improves survival in cirrhotic patients.World J Hepatol. 2019; 11: 646-655
- How to improve care in outpatients with cirrhosis and ascites: a new model of care coordination by consultant hepatologists.J Hepatol. 2013; 59: 257-264
- HEPACONTROL. A program that reduces early readmissions, mortality at 60 days, and healthcare costs in decompensated cirrhosis.Dig Liver Dis. 2018; 50: 76-83
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Evaluation & management visits. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/PhysicianFeeSched/Evaluation-and-Management-Visits. Accessed June 10, 2021.
- The Indiana Network for Patient Care: a working local health information infrastructure.Health Aff (Millwood). 2005; 24: 1214-1220
- The use of technology in participant tracking and study retention: lessons learnedfrom a clinical trials network study.Subst Abus. 2015; 36: 420-426
Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. MELD calculator. Available at: https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/resources/allocation-calculators/meld-calculator/. Accessed January 18, 2021.
- A proportional hazards model for the subdistribution of a competing risk.J Am Stat Assoc. 1999; 94: 496-509
- Burdensome transitions of care for patients with end-stage liver disease and their caregivers.Dig Dis Sci. 2021; 66: 2942-2955
- Interventions to reduce 30-day rehospitalization: a systematic review.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 155: 520-528
- Preventing 30-day hospital readmissions: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 1095-1107
- The quality and outcomes of care provided to patients with cirrhosis by advanced practice providers.Hepatology. 2020; 71: 225-234
- Early outpatient follow-up and 30-day outcomes in patients hospitalized with cirrhosis.Hepatology. 2016; 64: 569-581
- Medicare's transitional care payment—a step toward the medical home.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 692-694
- Systematic review of ambulatory transitional care management (TCM) visits on hospital 30-day readmission rates.Am J Med Qual. 2017; 32: 19-26
- Low predictability of readmissions and death using machine learning in cirrhosis.Am J Gastroenterol. 2021; 116: 336-346
Funding: Research reported in this publication was supported in part by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases of the National Institutes of Health under award number K23 DK123408. The work was independent of the funding.
Conflicts of Interest: The authors declare no conflicts of interest. NC has several consulting agreements with and receives grant support from pharmaceutical companies, but they are unrelated to this paper.
Authorship: Study concept and design: LY, RV, ESO; Data acquisition: LY, HH, LC, AM; Interpretation: LY, FP, RV, HH, LC, APD, AM, NC, ESO; Data analysis: FP; Drafting the manuscript: LY, FP, ESO; Critical revision of the manuscript: LY, FP, RV, HH, LC, APD, AM, NC, ESO; Approval of the final draft submitted: LY, FP, RV, HH, LC, APD, AM, NC, ESO.