Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Burden of valvular heart diseases: a population-based study.Lancet. 2006; 368: 1005-1011
- Mitral valve regurgitation in the contemporary era: insights into diagnosis, management, and future directions.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018; 11: 628-643
- Epidemiology of valvular heart disease in a Swedish nationwide hospital-based register study.Heart. 2017; 103: 1696-1703
- The direct health-care burden of valvular heart disease: evidence from US national survey data.Clinicoecon Outcomes Res. 2016; 8: 613-627
- Ischemic mitral regurgitation: long-term outcome and prognostic implications with quantitative Doppler assessment.Circulation. 2001; 103: 1759-1764
- Transcatheter mitral-valve repair in patients with heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2307-2318
- Percutaneous mitral valve interventions: current indications and future perspectives.Front Cardiovasc Med. 2019; 6: 88
- Recommendations for noninvasive evaluation of native valvular regurgitation: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography developed in collaboration with the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2017; 30: 303-371
- 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 2438-2488
- A widely applicable Bayesian information criterion.J Mach Learn Res. 2013; 14: 867-897
- Clinical outcome of mitral regurgitation due to flail leaflet.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1417-1423
- Comorbidity phenotypes and risk of mortality in patients with ischaemic heart disease in the UK.Heart. 2020; 106: 810-816
- A disease-specific comorbidity index for predicting mortality in patients admitted to hospital with a cardiac condition.CMAJ. 2019; 191: E299-E307
- Impact of co-morbid burden on mortality in patients with coronary heart disease, heart failure, and cerebrovascular accident: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur Heart J Qual Care Clin Outcomes. 2017; 3: 20-36
- Anemia as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 27-33
- Comorbidities, repeated hospitalizations, and age ≥ 80 years as indicators of anemia development in the older population.Ann Hematol. 2018; 97: 1337-1347
- The association of functional mitral regurgitation and anemia in patients with non-ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy.Cardiol J. 2010; 17: 274-280
- Anaemia is a predictor of mortality in patients with mitral regurgitation undergoing transcatheter edge-to-edge mitral valve repair.Eur Heart J. 2017; 38: p1386
- Prevalence and outcomes of left-sided valvular heart disease associated with chronic kidney disease.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e006044
- Influence of nonfatal hospitalization for heart failure on subsequent mortality in patients with chronic heart failure.Circulation. 2007; 116: 1482-1487
- Predictors of mortality and morbidity in patients with chronic heart failure.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 65-75
- Should patients with severe degenerative mitral regurgitation delay surgery until symptoms develop?.Ann Thorac Surg. 2010; 90: 481-488
- Survival implication of left ventricular end-systolic diameter in mitral regurgitation due to flail leaflets a long-term follow-up multicenter study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: 1961-1968
- Outcome and undertreatment of mitral regurgitation: a community cohort study.Lancet. 2018; 391: 960-969
Conflicts of Interest: LW and MS are employees of Mpirik, a health care software company. All other authors report no conflicts of interest.
Authorship: We verify that all authors had access to the data and were involved in writing the manuscript.