Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Perioperative acute myocardial infarction associated with non-cardiac surgery.Eur Heart J. 2017; 38: 2409-2417
- Perioperative major adverse cardiovascular and cerebrovascular events associated with noncardiac surgery.JAMA Cardiol. 2017; 2: 181-187
- Fourth universal definition of myocardial infarction (2018).Circulation. 2018; 138: e618-e651
- Methodological Issues When Studying Readmissions and Revisits Using Hospital Administrative Data.Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project/Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD2011 (HCUP Methods Series Report # 2011-01)
- Angiographic and clinical characteristics of type 1 versus type 2 perioperative myocardial infarction.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2013; 82: 622-628
- Etiology of acute coronary syndrome after noncardiac surgery.Anesthesiology. 2018; 128: 1084-1091
- Associations between cardiac troponin, mechanism of myocardial injury, and long-term mortality after noncardiac vascular surgery.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e005672
- Histological analysis of coronary artery lesions in fatal postoperative myocardial infarction.Cardiovasc Pathol. 1999; 8: 133-139
- Incidence, trends, and outcomes of type 2 myocardial infarction in a community cohort.Circulation. 2020; 141: 454-463
- Treatment and outcomes of type 2 myocardial infarction and myocardial injury compared with type 1 myocardial infarction.Coron Artery Dis. 2018; 29: 46-52
- Classification of myocardial infarction: frequency and features of type 2 myocardial infarction.Am J Med. 2013; 126: 789-797
- Type-II myocardial infarction–patient characteristics, management and outcomes.PLoS One. 2014; 9: e84285
- Performance of the grace 2.0 score in patients with type 1 and type 2 myocardial infarction.Eur Heart J. 2021; 42: 2552-2561
- Coronary angiography in patients with perioperative myocardial injury after non-cardiac surgery.J Invasive Cardiol. 2018; 30: e90-e92
- Patient characteristics and clinical outcomes of type 1 versus type 2 myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 77: 848-857
- Myocardial injury after noncardiac surgery: a large, international, prospective cohort study establishing diagnostic criteria, characteristics, predictors, and 30-day outcomes.Anesthesiology. 2014; 120: 564-578
- Myocardial injury after noncardiac surgery: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Cardiol Rev. 2019; 27: 267-273
- Effect of a proposed modification of the type 1 and type 2 myocardial infarction definition on incidence and prognosis.Circulation. 2020; 142: 2083-2085
- Effect of definition on incidence and prognosis of type 2 myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 1558-1568
- Cardiologist evaluation of patients with type 2 myocardial infarction.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2021; 14e007440
- Cardiovascular mortality after type 1 and type 2 myocardial infarction in young adults.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 75: 1003-1013
- Long-term outcomes in patients with type 2 myocardial infarction and myocardial injury.Circulation. 2018; 137: 1236-1245
Funding: NRS is supported, in part, by the National Heart, Lung, And Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number K23HL150315. BS is partially supported by funding from the VA Office of Research and Development (iK2CX001074) and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health (1R01HL146206, 3R01HL146206-02S1). JSB is funded, in part, by the National Heart and Lung Blood Institute of the National Institute of Health (R01HL139909 and R35HL144993).
Conflicts of Interest: NRS serves on an advisory board for Abbott Vascular. BS serves on advisory boards for Philips Volcano and as a consultant with Terumo Medical. SG reports institutional research grants from Edwards Lifesciences, Medtronic, and BSCI and serves as a proctor for Edwards Lifesciences and as a consultant for Medtronic, Abbott Vascular and Neochord. KR, JSB report none.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.