Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pre-operative atrial fibrillation as the key determinant of outcome of mitral valve repair for degenerative mitral regurgitation.Eur Heart J. 2005; 26: 1866-1872
- Prognostic implications of preoperative atrial fibrillation in patients undergoing aortic valve replacement: is there an argument for concomitant arrhythmia surgery?.Ann Thorac Surg. 2006; 82: 1392-1399
- 2020 ACC/AHA Guideline for the Management of Patients With Valvular Heart Disease: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Joint Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 77: e25-e197
- 2020 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS).Eur Heart J. 2021; 42: 373-498
- Antithrombotic management of patients with prosthetic heart valves: current evidence and future trends.Lancet. 2009; 374: 565-576
- Direct oral anticoagulants in patients with atrial fibrillation and valvular heart disease other than significant mitral stenosis and mechanical valves: a meta-analysis.Circulation. 2017; 135: 714-716
- Edoxaban for the prevention of thromboembolism in patients with atrial fibrillation and bioprosthetic valves.Circulation. 2017; 135: 1273-1275
- Apixaban in comparison with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation and valvular heart disease: findings from the apixaban for reduction in stroke and other thromboembolic events in atrial fibrillation (ARISTOTLE) trial.Circulation. 2015; 132: 624-632
- Rivaroxaban in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation and a Bioprosthetic Mitral Valve.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 2117-2126
- The Cochrane Collaboration's tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials.BMJ. 2011; 343: d5928
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.BMJ. 2009; 339: b2535
- Dabigatran versus warfarin after bioprosthesis valve replacement for the management of atrial fibrillation postoperatively: DAWA pilot study.Drugs R D. 2016; 16: 149-154
- Apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 981-992
- Efficacy and safety of apixaban vs warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation and prior bioprosthetic valve replacement or valve repair: insights from the ARISTOTLE trial.Clin Cardiol. 2019; 42: 568-571
- Edoxaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 2093-2104
- 2019 AHA/ACC/HRS Focused Update of the 2014 AHA/ACC/HRS Guideline for the Management of Patients With Atrial Fibrillation: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines and the Heart Rhythm Society in Collaboration With the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.Circulation. 2019; 140: e125-e151
Otto CM, Nishimura RA, Bonow RO, et al. 2020 ACC/AHA Guideline for the Management of Patients With Valvular Heart Disease: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Joint Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines. Circulation .2021;143:e72-e227.
- Long-term clinical outcomes after major bleeding in patients with atrial fibrillation: the Fushimi AF registry.Eur Heart J Qual Care Clin Outcomes. 2021; 7: 163-171
- Non-major bleeding with apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.Heart. 2017; 103: 623-628
- Current trial-associated outcomes with warfarin in prevention of stroke in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: a meta-analysis.Arch Intern Med. 2012; 172 (discussion 631-633): 623-631
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of new oral anticoagulants with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation: a meta-analysis of randomised trials.Lancet. 2014; 383: 955-962
- Efficacy and safety of apixaban, dabigatran, rivaroxaban, and warfarin in asians with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7: e8150
- Association of ischemic stroke, major bleeding, and other adverse events with warfarin use vs non-vitamin k antagonist oral anticoagulant use in patients with atrial fibrillation with a history of intracranial hemorrhage.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e206424
- Oral anticoagulation in patients with chronic kidney disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Neurology. 2019; 92: e2421-e2431
Grymonprez M, De Backer TL, Steurbaut S, et al. Non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulants (NOACs) versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation and (morbid) obesity or low body weight: a systematic review and meta-analysis [e-pub ahead of print]. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10557-020-07122-6, Accessed September 15, 2021.
Huang ZC, Li CQ, Liu XY, et al. Efficacy and safety of direct oral anticoagulants in patients with atrial fibrillation and liver disease: a meta-analysis and systematic review [e-pub ahead of print]. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. doi: 10.1007/s10557-020-07065-y, accessed month day, year.
- Antiplatelet and anticoagulation for patients with prosthetic heart valves.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; CD003464
- Antithrombotic therapy after acute coronary syndrome or PCI in atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 1509-1524
Conflicts of Interest: RDL reports personal fees from Bayer, Boehringer Ingleheim, and Daiichi Sankyo; grants and personal fees from Bristol-Myers Squibb, Glaxo Smith Kline, Medtronic, Pfizer, and Sanofi; and personal fees from Merck and Portola, unrelated to this research. RC, CMPT, GBJ, AF, AVR, LK, AdA report none.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript.