Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global data on visual impairment in the year 2002.Bull World Health Organ. 2004; 82: 844-851
- Changing incidence of lens extraction over 20 years: the Beaver Dam eye study.Ophthalmology. 2014; 121: 5-9
- ACC/AHA 2007 guidelines on perioperative cardiovascular evaluation and care for noncardiac surgery: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 2002 Guidelines on Perioperative Cardiovascular Evaluation for Noncardiac Surgery): developed in collaboration with the American Society of Echocardiography, American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, Heart Rhythm Society, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society for Vascular Medicine and Biology, and Society for Vascular Surgery.Circulation. 2007; 116: e418-e499
- Preoperative medical testing in Medicare patients undergoing cataract surgery.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 1530-1538
- Raising the benchmark for the 21st century–the 1000 cataract operations audit and survey: outcomes, consultant-supervised training and sourcing NHS choice.Br J Ophthalmol. 2007; 91: 731-736
- Preoperative testing before low-risk surgical procedures.CMAJ. 2015; 187: E349-E358
- Avoiding unnecessary preoperative testing.Med Clin North Am. 2016; 100: 1003-1008
- Impact of preoperative testing on ophthalmologic and systemic outcomes in cataract surgery.Eur J Ophthalmol. 2004; 14: 369-374
- The value of routine preoperative medical testing before cataract surgery. Study of Medical Testing for Cataract Surgery.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 168-175
- [Waste of medical tests in preoperative evaluation for cataract surgery].Cad Saude Publica. 2004; 20: 303-310
- [Preoperative evaluation and cataract surgery].Arq Bras Oftalmol. 2007; 70: 633-637
- Elimination of routine testing in patients undergoing cataract surgery allows substantial savings in laboratory costs. A brief report.Can J Anaesth. 2003; 50: 246-248
- Evaluation of an intervention to reduce low-value preoperative care for patients undergoing cataract surgery at a safety-net health system.JAMA Intern Med. 2019; 179: 648-657
- Impact of preoperative and intraoperative factors in cataract surgery.Klin Monbl Augenheilkd. 2013; 230: 326-328
- Routine preoperative medical testing for cataract surgery.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009; 1CD007293
- The value of preoperative medical testing for vitreoretinal surgery.Retina. 2015; 35: 319-325
- The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.J Clin Epidemiol. 2008; 61: 344-349
- More preoperative assessment by physicians and less by laboratory tests.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 204-205
- Principles for high-quality, high-value testing.Evid Based Med. 2013; 18: 5-10
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.