Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- British Association of Spine Surgeons standards of care for cauda equina syndrome.Spine J. 2015; 15(3 Suppl): 2S-4S
- Cauda equina syndrome: a review of the current clinical and medico-legal position.Eur Spine J. 2011; 20: 690-697
- Medicolegal consequences of cauda equina syndrome: an overview.Neurosurg Focus. 2004; 16: e8
- Cauda equina syndrome.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2008; 16: 471-479
- Timing of surgical intervention in cauda equina syndrome: a systematic critical review.World Neurosurg. 2014; 81: 640-650
- Cauda equina syndrome: is the current management of patients presenting to district general hospitals fit for purpose? A personal view based on a review of the literature and a medicolegal experience.Bone Joint J. 2015; (97-B): 1390-1394
- Cauda equina syndrome: a literature review of its definition and clinical presentation.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2009; 90: 1964-1968
- Imaging in cauda equina syndrome—a pictorial review.Ulster Med J. 2013; 82: 100-108
- The long term outcome of micturition, defecation and sexual function after spinal surgery for cauda equina syndrome.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0175987
- Cauda equina syndrome (CES) from lumbar disc herniations.J Spinal Disord Tech. 2009; 22: 202-206
- Cauda equina syndrome with normal MR imaging.J Neurol. 2009; 256: 721-725
- Conus medullaris and cauda equina syndrome as a result of traumatic injuries: management principles.Neurosurg Focus. 2004; 16: e4
- Cauda equina syndrome.BMJ. 2009; 338: b936
- Cauda equina syndrome: what is the relationship between timing of surgery and outcome?.Br J Neurosurg. 2002; 16: 325-328
- Outcomes reported after surgery for cauda equina syndrome: a systematic literature review.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2018; 43: E1005-E1013
- The accuracy of the physical examination for the diagnosis of midlumbar and low lumbar nerve root impingement.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011; 36: 63-73
- Cauda equina syndrome: factors affecting long-term functional and sphincteric outcome.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007; 32: 207-216
- Cauda equina syndrome secondary to lumbar disc herniation: a meta-analysis of surgical outcomes.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2000; 25: 1515-1522
- An algorithm for suspected cauda equina syndrome.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2009; 91 (author reply 359-360): 358-359
- Standards of care in cauda equina syndrome.Br J Neurosurg. 2016; 30: 518-522
- Early intervention in cauda equina syndrome associated with better outcomes: a myth or reality? Insights from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample database (2005-2011).Spine J. 2017; 17: 1435-1448
Kohles SS, Kohles DA, Karp AP, Erlich VM, Polissar NL. Time-dependent surgical outcomes following cauda equina syndrome diagnosis comments on a meta-analysis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2004;29:1281-1287.
- Timing of surgical decompression for cauda equina syndrome.World Neurosurg. 2019; 132: e732-e738
- Malpractice litigation following spine surgery.J Neurosurg Spine. 2017; 27: 470-475
- Review of medicolegal cases for cauda equina syndrome: what factors lead to an adverse outcome for the provider?.Orthopedics. 2012; 35: e414-e419
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.