Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence of uncontrolled risk factors for cardiovascular disease: United States, 1999-2010.NCHS Data Brief. 2012; : 1-8
- Thirty-day rehospitalizations after acute myocardial infarction. A cohort study.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 157: 11-18
- Statistical models and patient predictors of readmission for acute myocardial infarction: a systematic review.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2009; 2: 500-507
- Hospital readmission as an accountability measure.JAMA. 2011; 305: 504-505
- Death and readmission in the year after hospital admission with cardiovascular disease: the Hunter Area Heart and Stroke Register.Med J Aust. 2000; 172: 261-265
- Factors associated with rehospitalization in patients with acute myocardial infarction.Am J Cardiol. 1997; 80: 777-779
- Recent changes in attack and survival rates of acute myocardial infarction (1975 through 1981). The Worcester Heart Attack Study.JAMA. 1986; 255: 2774-2779
- Incidence and case fatality rates of acute myocardial infarction (1975-1984): the Worcester Heart Attack Study.Am Heart J. 1988; 115: 761-767
- A two-decade (1975 to 1995) long experience in the incidence, in-hospital and long-term case-fatality rates of acute myocardial infarction: a community-wide perspective.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 33: 1533-1539
- A 30 year perspective (1975–2005) into the changing landscape of patients hospitalized with initial acute myocardial infarction: Worcester Heart Attack Study.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2009; 2: 88-95
- Recent trends in the incidence, treatment, and outcomes of patients with STEMI and NSTEMI.Am J Med. 2011; 124: 40-47
- 2012 ACCF/AHA focused update of the guideline for the management of patients with unstable angina/non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction (updating the 2007 guideline and replacing the 2011 focused update): a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 645-681
- 2013 ACCF/AHA guideline for the management of ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: e78-e140
- Prevalence of chronic diseases and multimorbidity among the elderly population in Sweden.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 1198-1200
- Patterns of chronic multimorbidity in the elderly population.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2009; 57: 225-230
- Multiple chronic conditions and psychosocial limitations in patients hospitalized with an acute coronary syndrome.Am J Med. 2016; 129: 608-614
- Trends in atrial fibrillation complicating acute myocardial infarction.Am J Cardiol. 2009; 104: 169-174
- Thirty year trends (1975–2005) in the magnitude of, management of, and hospital death rates associated with cardiogenic shock in patients with acute myocardial infarction: a population based perspective.Circulation. 2009; 119: 1211-1219
- Twenty-year trends in the incidence rates of stroke complicating acute myocardial infarction: the Worcester Heart Attack Study.Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 2104-2110
- Thirty year trends in heart failure in patients hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction.Am J Cardiol. 2011; 107: 353-359
- The prevalence of 30-day readmission after acute myocardial infarction: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Cardiol. 2019; 42: 889-898
- Thirty-day readmissions after acute myocardial infarction in medicare patients at an urban quaternary care center.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 75: 144
- Association between age and readmission after percutaneous coronary intervention for acute myocardial infarction.Heart. 2020; 106: 1595-1603
- Thirty-day readmission risk model for older adults hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2019; 12e005320
- Effect of comorbidity on unplanned readmissions after percutaneous coronary intervention (from the nationwide readmission database).Sci Rep. 2018; 8: 11156
- Heart failure after myocardial infarction: a review.Am J Med. 2002; 113: 324-330
- Readmission in the 30 days after percutaneous coronary intervention.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2013; 6: 237-244
- All-cause readmission and repeat revascularization after percutaneous coronary intervention in a cohort of Medicare patients.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: 903-907
- Reducing all-cause 30-day hospital readmissions for patients presenting with acute heart failure exacerbations: A quality improvement initiative.Cureus. 2020; 12: e7420
Funding: This work was supported by the National Institute on Aging (grant numbers R33AG057806 , R01AG062630 to JG and MT); and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute ( R01HL35434 , U01HL105268 ) to RG.
Conflicts of Interest: The authors report no conflicts.
Authorship: Study concept and design: MT, RG, JHG; Acquisition of data: MT, DL, RG; Preparation of manuscript: MT, JM, RM, JHG, and RG; Critical revision of the manuscript: JHG, RG, JM, RM, HOA, BAB, JY and EG.