Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Department chairs by department, sex, and race/ethnicity.2019 (Available at: https://www.aamc.org/media/41546/download. Accessed January 21, 2021)
- How diversity matters in the US science and engineering workforce: a critical review considering integration in teams, fields, and organizational contexts.Engaging Sci Tech Soc. 2017; 3: 139-153
- Diversity improves performance and outcomes.J Natl Med Assoc. 2019; 111: 383-392
- From diversity to inclusion to equity: a theory of generative interactions.J Bus Ethics. 2020; 167: 395-410
- Physicians and implicit bias: how doctors may unwittingly perpetuate health care disparities.J Gen Intern Med. 2013; 28: 1504-1510
- The role of diversity in the training of health professionals.in: Smedley BD Stith AY Colburn L Evans CH The Right Thing to Do, The Smart Thing to Do: Enhancing Diversity in the Health Professions: Summary of the Symposium on Diversity in Health Professions in Honor of Herbert W. Nickens, MD. National Academies Press (US), Washington, DC2001 (Available at:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK223627/Accessed. Accessed January 21, 2021)
- The role of sponsorship in achieving workforce diversity in academic pediatrics.Pediatrics. 2019; 144e20191532
- Toward realizing diversity in academic medicine.J Clin Invest. 2020; 130: 5626-5628
- Mixed signals: the unintended effects of diversity initiatives.Soc Issues Policy Rev. 2020; 14: 152-181
- Similarities in risk for COVID-19 and cancer disparities.Clin Cancer Res. 2021; 27: 24-27
- Toward a Model of Inclusive Excellence and Change in Postsecondary Institutions.Association of American Colleges and Universities, Washington, DC2005
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.