Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- National hospital discharge survey: 2004 annual summary with detailed diagnosis and procedure data.Vital Health Stat 13. 2006; 162: 1-209
- Heart disease and stroke statistics–2012 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2012; 125: e2-e220
- Acute coronary syndrome management in older adults: guidelines, temporal changes and challenges.Age Ageing. 2014; 43: 450-455
- Predicting one-year mortality among elderly survivors of hospitalization for an acute myocardial infarction: results from the Cooperative Cardiovascular Project.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001; 38: 453-459
- Thirty-day readmission risk model for older adults hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2019; 12e005320
- Predicting 6-month mortality for older adults hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction.Ann Intern Med. 2020; 172: 12-21
- Cognitive impairment and outcomes in older adult survivors of acute myocardial infarction: findings from the translational research investigating underlying disparities in acute myocardial infarction patients’ health status registry.Am Heart J. 2011; 162: 860-869.e1
- Cognitive decline in older patients with non-ST elevation acute coronary syndrome.J Am Heart Assoc. 2019; 8e011218
- Cognitive impairment in common, noncentral nervous system medical conditions of adults and the elderly.J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2011; 33: 486-496
- Post-hospital syndrome-an acquired, transient condition of generalized risk.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 100-102
- Self-care for the prevention and management of cardiovascular disease and stroke.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e006997
- Cognitive impairment and risk of cardiovascular events and mortality.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 1777-1786
- Association of cognitive impairment with treatment and outcomes in older myocardial infarction patients: a report from the NCDR Chest Pain-MI Registry.J Am Heart Assoc. 2019; 8e012929
- Mild cognitive impairment and receipt of treatments for acute myocardial infarction in older adults.J Gen Intern Med. 2020; 35: 28-35
- Design and rationale of the comprehensive evaluation of risk factors in older patients with AMI (SILVER-AMI) study.BMC Health Serv Res. 2014; 14: 506
- Third universal definition of myocardial infarction.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 2551-2567
- A new brief instrument for assessing decisional capacity for clinical research.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2007; 64: 966-974
- The telephone interview for cognitive status.Neuropsychiatry Neuropsychol Behav Neurol. 1988; 1: 111-117
- Assessment of cognitive function in older hospital inpatients: is the Telephone Interview for Cognitive Status (TICS-M) a useful alternative to the Mini Mental State Examination?.Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2004; 19: 1008-1009
- Validity of the telephone interview for cognitive status (TICS) and modified TICS (TICSm) for mild cognitive imparment (MCI) and dementia screening.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2011; 52: e26-e30
- Telephone Interview for Cognitive Status: creating a crosswalk with the Mini-Mental State Examination.Alzheimer's Dement. 2009; 5: 492-497
- Physician recognition of cognitive impairment: evaluating the need for improvement.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 1051-1059
- Cognitive impairment is undetected in medical inpatients: a study of mortality and recognition amongst healthcare professionals.BMC Geriatr. 2012; 12: 47
- Frailty and cognitive impairment–a review of the evidence and causal mechanisms.Ageing Res Rev. 2013; 12: 840-851
- Associations between mild cognitive impairment and hospitalization and readmission.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2015; 63: 1880-1885
- Bedside mental status and outcome in elderly patients admitted for acute coronary syndromes.Heart. 2019; 105: 1635-1641
- Association between mobility measured during hospitalization and functional outcomes in older adults with acute myocardial infarction in the SILVER-AMI Study.JAMA Intern Med. 2019; 179: 1669-1677
- Characteristics of contemporary patients discharged from the hospital after an acute coronary syndrome.Am J Med. 2015; 128: 1087-1093
- The Montreal Cognitive Assessment, MoCA: a brief screening tool for mild cognitive impairment.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005; 53: 695-699
- Sensitivity and specificity of the Montreal cognitive assessment modified for individuals who are visually impaired.J Vis Impair Blind. 2010; 104: 360-368
- Rethinking cognitive impairment in the management of older patients with cardiovascular disease.J Am Heart Assoc. 2019; 8e011968
- Days spent at home — a patient-centered goal and outcome.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 1610-1612
- Health outcome prioritization to elicit preferences of older persons with multiple health conditions.Patient Educ Couns. 2011; 83: 278-282
Funding: National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute R01HL115295 (AMH, ST, MEG, JAD, SIC), National Institute on Aging (NIA) T32 AG019134 (AMH), NIA P30AG021342 (AMH, MEG, SIC).
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to data and a role in writing and critically reviewing the manuscript.