Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm: clinically pertinent controversies and uncertainties.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 841-857
- 2010 ACCF/AHA/AATS/ACR/ASA/SCA/SCAI/SIR/STS/SVM Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of patients with thoracic aortic disease. A Report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines, American Association for Thoracic Surgery, American College of Radiology, American Stroke Association, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society of Interventional Radiology, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, and Society for Vascular Medicine.Circulation. 2010; 121: e266-e369
- 2014 ESC Guidelines on the diagnosis and treatment of aortic diseases: Document covering acute and chronic aortic diseases of the thoracic and abdominal aorta of the adult. The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Aortic Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).Eur Heart J. 2014; 35: 2873-2926
- Descending threshold for ascending aortic aneurysmectomy: Is it time for a “left-shift” in guidelines?.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019; 157: 37-42
- Height alone, rather than body surface area, suffices for risk estimation in ascending aortic aneurysm.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 155: 1938-1950
- Modeling of predissection aortic size in acute type A dissection: more than 90% fail to meet the guidelines for elective ascending replacement.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 148: 944-948.e1
- Clinical Classifications for Health Policy Research: Version 2: Software and User's Guide.US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, Washington, DC1996
- Performance of current claims-based approaches to identify aortic dissection hospitalizations.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 70: 53-59
- Positive predictive value of cardiovascular diagnoses in the Danish National Patient Registry: a validation study.BMJ Open. 2016; 6e012832
- Endovascular versus open repair of ruptured descending thoracic aortic aneurysms: a nationwide risk-adjusted study of 923 patients.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011; 142: 1010-1018
- National trends in admissions, repair, and mortality for thoracic aortic aneurysm and type B dissection in the National Inpatient Sample.Journal of vascular surgery. 2018; 67: 1649-1658
- Outcomes of urgent versus nonurgent transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 96. 2020: 189-195https://doi.org/10.1002/ccd.28563
- Racial and ethnic disparities in patients with ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 72: e85
- Racial variation in the complexity of coronary artery disease in patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2018; 13: 887-890
- Yearly rupture or dissection rates for thoracic aortic aneurysms: simple prediction based on size.Ann Thorac Surg. 2002; 73: 17-28
- Improved prognosis of thoracic aortic aneurysms: a population-based study.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1926-1929
- Aortic diameter>or= 5.5 cm is not a good predictor of type A aortic dissection: observations from the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD).Circulation. 2007; 116: 1120-1127
Whalen D, Houchens R, Elixhauser A. 2004 HCUP Nationwide Inpatient Sample (NIS) Comparison Report. Rockville, MD: Healthcare Utilization Project/US Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2007. HCUP Method Series Report 2007-03. Available at: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/methods/methods_topic.jsp.
- Cardiovascular outcomes with surgical left atrial appendage exclusion in patients with atrial fibrillation who underwent valvular heart surgery (from the National Inpatient Sample Database).American J Cardiol. 2017; 119: 2056-2060
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.