Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- ACGMECommon Program Requirements (Residency).2020 (Available at)https://www.acgme.org/Portals/0/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/CPRResidency2020.pdfDate accessed: February 15, 2021
- Restoring faculty vitality in academic medicine when burnout threatens.Acad Med. 2018; 93: 979-984
- Faculty development: if you build it, they will come.Med Educ. 2010; 44: 900-907
- Faculty development: a resource for clinical teachers.J Gen Intern Med. 1997; 12: S56-S63
- Executive leadership and physician well-being.Mayo Clin Proc. 2017; 92: 129-146
- The challenges of teaching ambulatory internal medicine: faculty recruitment, retention, and development: an AAIM/SGIM position paper.Am J Med. 2017; 130: 105-110
- IHI framework for improving joy in work.IHI Framework for Improving Joy in Work. Massachusetts Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Cambridge, MA2017 (IHI white paper)
- The impact of an Academy of Medical Educators on the culture of an American Health Sciences campus.Acad Med. 2017; 92: 1145-1150
- How to develop and optimize a community of practice for educational scholarship.Med Sci Educ. 2017; 27: 799-803
- The SGIM TEACH program: a curriculum for teachers of clinical medicine.J Gen Intern Med. 2017; 32: 948-952
- The academic RVU: a system for measuring academic productivity.J Am Coll Radiol. 2007; 4: 471-478
- Implementation of an Education Value Unit (EVU) system to recognize faculty contributions.West J Emerg Med. 2015; 16: 952-956
- Measuring faculty effort and contributions in medical education.Acad Med. 2000; 75: 199-207
- AAIM report on master teachers and clinician educators part 1: needs and skills.Am J Med. 2010; 123: 769-773
- Recruiting and retaining clinician-educators: lessons learned from three programs.J Gen Intern Med. 1997; 12: S83-S89
- Mentoring faculty in academic medicine: a new paradigm?.J Gen Intern Med. 2005; 20: 866-870
- Mentoring in academic medicine: a systematic review.JAMA. 2006; 296: 1103-1115
- Implementing a comprehensive approach to managing faculty roles, rewards, and development in an era of change.Acad Med. 1997; 72: 496-504
- A successful approach to faculty development at an independent academic medical center.Med Teach. 2008; 30: e10-e14
- A longitudinal faculty development program: supporting a culture of teaching.BMC Med Educ. 2019; 19: 400
- Mid-career faculty development in academic medicine: how does it impact faculty and institutional vitality?.J Fac Dev. 2016; 30: 49-64
- Redesigning training for internal medicine.Ann Intern Med. 2006; 144: 927-932
- Compensating and providing incentives for academic physicians: Balancing earning, clinical, research, teaching, and administrative responsibilities.J Ambul Care Manage. 1992; 15: 69-78
- The academic RVU: ten years developing a metric for and financially incenting academic productivity at Oregon Health & Science University.Acad Med. 2017; 92: 1138-1144
- Technology use to deliver faculty development: a CERA study.PRiMER. 3. 2019: 18
- Online learning for faculty development: a review of the literature.Med Teach. 2013; 35: 930-937
- Integrating teaching skills and clinical content in a faculty development workshop.J Gen Intern Med. 2003; 18: 468-474
- Reframing research on faculty development.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 421-428
- Faculty development for continuing interprofessional education and collaborative practice.J Contin Educ Health Prof. 2017; 37: 262-267
- Teaching while learning while practicing: reframing faculty development for the patient-centered medical home.Acad Med. 2013; 88: 1215-1219
- Facilitating faculty success: outcomes and cost benefit of the UCSD National Center of Leadership in Academic Medicine.Acad Med. 2004; 79: S9-S11
- Relative value unit-based compensation incentivization in an academic vascular practice improves productivity with no early adverse impact on quality.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 65: 579-582
- Aligning compensation with education: design and implementation of the educational value unit (EVU) system in an academic internal medicine department.Acad Med. 2005; 80: 1100-1106
- Current status of medical grand rounds in departments of medicine at US medical schools.Mayo Clin Proc. 2006; 81 (ine): 313-321
Funding: The authors of this manuscript have no financial interests to disclose.
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors listed in order. All authors were active contributors to the creation of this manuscript. All authors had access to the data. JD: writing, methodology, conceptualization, editing, supervision, project administration. AR: writing, methodology, conceptualization, editing, visualization. MCL: writing, methodology, conceptualization, editing, visualization, resources. RMW: writing, conceptualization, methodology, resources, editing. RF: conceptualization, methodology, editing. AA: conceptualization, methodology, editing.