Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University. Patterns of medication use in the United States. Available at:https://www.bu.edu/slone/files/2012/11/SloneSurveyReport2006.pdf. Accessed November 4, 2020.
- Cost of prescription drug-related morbidity and mortality.Ann Pharmacother. 2018; 52: 829-837https://doi.org/10.1177/1060028018765159
- Prevalence and preventability of drug-related hospital readmissions: a systematic review.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2018; 66: 602-608https://doi.org/10.1111/jgs.15244
108th US Congress. Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003, Pub. L. 108–173. Available at:https://www.congress.gov/bill/108th-congress/house-bill/1. Accessed November 4, 2020.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Medication therapy management. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/medicare/prescription-drug-coverage/prescriptiondrugcovcontra/mtm. Accessed November 4, 2020.
- Medication therapy management in pharmacy practice: core elements of an MTM service model (version 2.0).J Am Pharm Assoc. 2008; 48: 341-353https://doi.org/10.1331/japha.2008.08514
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Part D enhanced medication therapy management (MTM) model: evaluation of the first 20 months of implementation. Available at: https://innovation.cms.gov/Files/reports/mtm-firstevalrpt-fg.pdf. Accessed November 4, 2020.
- Pharmaceutical Care Practice: The Patient-Centered Approach to Medication Management.3rd ed. McGraw-Hill Education, New York, NY2012
- The Patient-Centered Medical Home: Integrating Comprehensive Medication Management To Optimize Patient Outcomes Resource Guide.2nd ed. PCPCC, Washington, DC2012www.pcpcc.org/sites/default/files/media/medmanagement.pdfDate accessed: November 4, 2020
CMM in Primary Care Research Team. The patient care process for delivering comprehensive medication management (CMM). Optimizing medication use in patient-centered, team-based care settings. Available at:http://www.accp.com/cmm_care_process. Accessed November 4, 2020.
- Ensuring effective implementation: a fidelity assessment system for comprehensive medication management.J Am Coll Clin Pharm. 2020; 3: 57-67https://doi.org/10.1002/jac5.1155
- An implementation system for medication optimization: operationalizing comprehensive medication management delivery in primary care.J Am Coll Clin Pharm. 2018; 1: 14-20https://doi.org/10.1002/jac5.1037
- The philosophy of practice for comprehensive medication management: evaluating its meaning and application by practitioners.Pharmacotherapy. 2018; 38: 69-79https://doi.org/10.1002/phar.2062
Joint Commission of Pharmacy Practitioners. Pharmacists’ patient care process. Available at:https://jcpp.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/PatientCareProcess-with-supporting-organizations.pdf. Accessed November 4, 2020.
- Development of the comprehensive medication management practice management assessment tool: a resource to assess and prioritize areas for practice improvement.J Am Coll Clin Pharm. 2019; 3: 448-454https://doi.org/10.1002/jac5.1182
- From triple to quadruple aim: care of the patient requires care of the provider.Ann Fam Med. 2014; 12: 573-576https://doi.org/10.1370/afm.1713
- Medication therapy management: 10 years of experience in a large integrated health care system.J Manag Care Pharm. 2010; 16: 185-195https://doi.org/10.18553/jmcp.2010.16.3.185
- Comprehensive medication management and medication adherence for chronic conditions.J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2016; 22: 56-62https://doi.org/10.18553/jmcp.2016.22.1.56
- Impact of comprehensive medication management on hospital readmission rates.Popul Health Manag. 2018; 21: 395-400https://doi.org/10.1089/pop.2017.0167
- Reductions in medication-related hospitalizations in older adults with medication management by hospital and community pharmacists: a quasi-experimental study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017; 65: 212-219https://doi.org/10.1111/jgs.14518
- Optimizing the primary care clinical pharmacy specialist: increasing patient access and quality of care within the Veterans Health Administration.J Am Coll Clin Pharm. 2020; 3: 494-500https://doi.org/10.1002/jac5.1177
- The effect of clinical pharmacist-led comprehensive medication management on chronic disease state goal attainment in a patient-centered medical home.J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2018; 24: 423-429https://doi.org/10.18553/jmcp.2018.24.5.423
- Clinical results of comprehensive medication management services in primary care in Belo Horizonte.Pharmacy (Basel). 2019; 7: 58https://doi.org/10.3390/pharmacy7020058
- Clinical impact of a comprehensive medication management service in primary health care.J Pharm Pract. 2019; 0897190019866309https://doi.org/10.1177/0897190019866309
- Drug interactions among older adults followed up in a comprehensive medication management service at primary care.Einstein (Sao Paulo). 2019; 17: eAO4725https://doi.org/10.31744/einstein_journal/2019ao4725
- Clinical and economic outcomes of medication therapy management services: the Minnesota experience.J Am Pharm Assoc. 2008; 48: 203-211https://doi.org/10.1331/japha.2008.07108
- Optimizing medication use with a pharmacist-provided comprehensive medication management service for patients with psychiatric disorders.Pharmacotherapy. 2014; 34: 1336-1340https://doi.org/10.1002/phar.1503
- Pharmacist-led drug therapy problem management in an interprofessional geriatric care continuum: a subset of the PIVOTS group.Am Health Drug Benefits. 2018; 11: 469-478
- Comprehensive health management pharmacist-delivered model: impact on healthcare utilization and costs.Am J Manag Care. 2019; 25: 554-560
- The evaluation of comprehensive medication management for chronic diseases in primary care clinics, a Texas delivery system reform incentive payment program.BMC Health Services Res. 2020; 20: 671https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-020-05537-3
- Budget impact analysis of a pharmacist-provided transition of care program.J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2018; 24: 90-96https://doi.org/10.18553/jmcp.2018.24.2.90
- A sustainable business model for comprehensive medication management in a patient-centered medical home.J Am Pharm Assoc. 2019; 59: 285-290https://doi.org/10.1016/j.japh.2018.11.001
- Evaluation of patient satisfaction with diabetes management provided by clinical pharmacists in the patient-centered medical home.Patient. 2014; 7: 115-121
- Evaluation of the impact of a pharmacist-led telehealth clinic on diabetes-related goals of therapy in a veteran population.Pharmacotherapy. 2016; 36: 348-356https://doi.org/10.1002/phar.1719
- Primary care providers believe that comprehensive medication management improves their work-life.J Am Board Fam Med. 2019; 32: 462-473https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2019.04.180376
- Primary care providers' experiences with pharmaceutical care-based medication therapy management services.Innov Pharm. 2012; 3: 1-12
- Perceptions of integration of the clinical pharmacist into the patient care medical home model.J Healthc Qual. 2018; 40: 265-273https://doi.org/10.1097/jhq.0000000000000114
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.