Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- British medicine in Greater Britain.Boston Med Surg J. 1897; CXXXVII: 221-227
- When did the United States medical admission quota for Jews end?.Am J Med Sci. 2019; 358: 317-325https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjms.2019.08.005
- Crania Americana; or A Comparative View of Skulls of Various Aboriginal Nations of North and South America. To Which Is Prefixed an Essay on the Various Human Species.J. Dobson, Philadelphia, PA1839: 1-6, 260
- Nott JC Gliddon GR Indigenous Races of the Earth; Or New Chapters of Ethnological Inquiry; Including Monographs on Special Departments. JP Lippincott and Co, Philadelphia, PA1868
- The Racial Divide in American Medicine. Black Physicians and the Struggle for Justice in Health Care.University Press of Mississippi, Jackson, MS2018: 13-17 (71-81)
- The doctors: the question of color.New York Times. May 7, 1870; : 3
- Creating a segregated medical profession: African American physicians and organized medicine, 1846-1910.J Natl Med Assoc. 2009; 101: 501-512https://doi.org/10.1016/s0027-9684(15)30935-4
Repository of the Writing Group for the History of African Americans and Organized Medicine. Available at:http://www.ama-assoc.org/ama/pub/physicain-resources/medical-ethics. Accessed September 20, 2020.
- Achieving racial harmony for the benefit of patients and communities: contrition, reconciliation, and collaboration.JAMA. 2008; 300: 323-325https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.300.3.323
American Medical Association. Five year summary. The commission to end health care disparities. Available at:https://www.ama-assn.org/topics/commission-end-health-care-disparities. Accessed August 1, 2020.
Maybank A. The American Medical Association's commitment to health justice in the United States. MicroCap Review Magazine. Available at: https:///issuu.com/stocknewsnow/docs/microcap review summer 2020 final/52. Accessed September 1, 2020.
- Medical Apartheid. The Dark History of Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present.Anchor Books, New York, NY2006: 258-260
Skorton DJ, Acosta D, Fair M, et al. AAMC Press Teleconference (transcript). Racism and health: how and where to make changes. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/system/files/2020-06/ocomm_press-conference-racism-and-health-transcript-06122020.pdf. Accessed September 20, 2020.
- The consequences of structural racism on MCAT scores and medical school admission: the past is prologue.Acad Med. 2020; 954: 351-356https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.000000000000293
National Medical Association News. Major minority physician associations come together. Available at: https://www.nmanet.org/news/398042/Major-Minority-Physicain-Associations-Come-Together.htm. Accessed September 1, 2020.
- National evaluation of racial/ethnic discrimination in US surgical residency programs.JAMA Surg. 2020; 155: 526-528https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2020.3020
- Just Medicine. A Cure for Racial Inequality in American Health Care.New York University Press, New York, NY2015: 35
- The Human Genome Project. Revealing the shared inheritance of all mankind.Cancer. 2001; 91: 221-225
Christopher GC. America urgently needs truth, racial healing and transformation to bring unity, equity and healing to our nation. Available at:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/america-urgently-needs-truth-racial-healing-and-transformation-to-bring-unity-equity-and-racial-healing-to-our-nation-301068598.html. Accessed September 19, 2020.
- The transformational effects of COVID-19 on medical education.JAMA. 2020; 324 (doi: 10:1001/jama.2020.14136): 1033-1034
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.