Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Time trends and case fatality rate of in-hospital treated pulmonary embolism during 11 years of observation in Northwestern Italy.Thromb Haemost. 2016; 115: 399-405
- Time trends in pulmonary embolism in the United States: evidence of overdiagnosis.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 831-837
- Increased diagnosis of pulmonary embolism without a corresponding decline in mortality during the CT era.Clin Radiol. 2008; 63 (381-338)
- Pulmonary embolism incidence is increasing with use of spiral computed tomography.Am J Med. 2008; 121: 611-617
- Recent trends in clinical outcomes and resource utilization for pulmonary embolism in the United States: findings from the nationwide inpatient sample.Chest. 2009; 136: 983-990
- Age-stratified national trends in pulmonary embolism admissions.Chest. 2019; 156: 733-742
- Analysis of national trends in admissions for pulmonary embolism.Chest. 2016; 150: 35-45
- Current incidence of venous thromboembolism and comparison with 1998: a community-based study in Western France.Thromb Haemost. 2016; 116: 967-974
- Secular trends in incidence and mortality of acute venous thromboembolism: the AB-VTE Population-Based Study.Am J Med. 2016; 129: 879.e19-879.e25
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). NIS Database documentation. Available at: https://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/db/nation/nis/nisdbdocumentation.jsp. Accessed May 5, 2019.
- 2019 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of acute pulmonary embolism developed in collaboration with the European Respiratory Society (ERS).Eur Heart J. 2020; 41: 543-603
- Clinical characteristics, management, and outcomes of patients diagnosed with acute pulmonary embolism in the emergency department: initial report of EMPEROR (Multicenter Emergency Medicine Pulmonary Embolism in the Real World Registry).Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 57: 700-706
- Acute pulmonary embolism: clinical outcomes in the International Cooperative Pulmonary Embolism Registry (ICOPER).Lancet. 1999; 353: 1386-1389
- RIETE Investigators. Clinical predictors for fatal pulmonary embolism in 15,520 patients with venous thromboembolism: findings from the Registro Informatizado de la Enfermedad TromboEmbolica venosa (RIETE) Registry.Circulation. 2008; 117: 1711-1716
- Trends in case fatality rate in pulmonary embolism according to stability and treatment.Thromb Res. 2012; 130: 841-846
- Management strategies and determinants of outcome in acute major pulmonary embolism: results of a multicenter registry.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1997; 30: 1165-1171
- Prevalence and significance of nonthromboembolic findings on chest computed tomography angiography performed to rule out pulmonary embolism: a multicenter study of 1,025 emergency department patients.Acad Emerg Med. 2004; 11: 642-647
- The prevalence of clinically relevant incidental findings on chest computed tomographic angiograms ordered to diagnose pulmonary embolism.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 1961-1965
- Overutilisation of imaging studies for diagnosis of pulmonary embolism: are we following the guidelines.Postgrad Med J. 2019; 95: 420-424
- Suboptimal implementation of diagnostic algorithms and overuse of computed tomography-pulmonary angiography in patients with suspected pulmonary embolism.Ann Thorac Med. 2016; 11: 254-260
- CT pulmonary angiography in young women.Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2018; 24: 423-428
- Acute pulmonary embolism: underdiagnosed and overdiagnosed.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 837-839
- Fatal pulmonary emboli in hospitalized patients. An autopsy study.Arch Intern Med. 1988; 148: 1425-1426
- Pulmonary embolism as a cause of death in patients with heart disease: an autopsy study.Chest. 2006; 129: 1282-1287
- Pulmonary thromboembolism is not uncommon–results and implications of a five-year study of 116 necropsies.Ann Acad Med Singap. 1995; 24: 356-365
- Validity of using inpatient and outpatient administrative codes to identify acute venous thromboembolism: the CVRN VTE Study.Med Care. 2017; 55: e137-e143
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All of the authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript.