Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Older adults in the cardiac intensive care unit: factoring geriatric syndromes in the management, prognosis, and process of care: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2020; 141: e6-e32
- Integrating frailty research into the medical specialties-report from a U13 conference.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017; 65: 2134-2139
- Research agenda for frailty in older adults: toward a better understanding of physiology and etiology: summary from the American Geriatrics Society/National Institute on Aging Research Conference on Frailty in Older Adults.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006; 54: 991-1001
- Frailty in older adults: evidence for a phenotype.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2001; 56: M146-M156
- Frailty among older adults with acute myocardial infarction and outcomes from percutaneous coronary interventions.J Am Heart Assoc. 2019; 8e013686
- Identifying frailty in hospitalized older adults with significant coronary artery disease.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006; 54: 1674-1681
- Comparison of frail patients versus nonfrail patients ≥65 years of age undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 109: 1569-1575
- Influence of frailty and health status on outcomes in patients with coronary disease undergoing percutaneous revascularization.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2011; 4: 496-502
- Frailty in older adults: a nationally representative profile in the United States.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2015; 70: 1427-1434
Kasper JD, Freedman VA. National Health and Aging Trends Study User Guide: Rounds 1-8 Final Release. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health. Available at: www.NHATS.org. Accessed January 13, 2020.
- Multiple imputation for nonresponse in surveys. multiple imputation for nonresponse in surveys.Wiley, New York, NY1987
- The AD8: a brief informant interview to detect dementia.Neurology. 2005; 65: 559-564
- Regression analysis of grouped survival data with application to breast cancer data.Biometrics. 1978; 34: 57-67
- Impact of anemia and cardiovascular disease on frailty status of community-dwelling older women: the Women's Health and Aging Studies I and II.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2005; 60: 729-735
- Association of long-distance corridor walk performance with mortality, cardiovascular disease, mobility limitation, and disability.JAMA. 2006; 295: 2018-2026
- Coronary artery disease in patients ≥80 years of age.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 71: 2015-2040
- Functional abilities of elderly coronary heart disease patients.Aging (Milano). 1998; 10: 127-136
- Frailty in older adults with cardiovascular disease: cause, effect or both?.Aging Dis. 2018; 9: 489-497
- Frailty: emergence and consequences in women aged 65 and older in the Women's Health Initiative Observational Study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005; 53: 1321-1330
- Frailty and activation of the inflammation and coagulation systems with and without clinical comorbidities: results from the Cardiovascular Health Study.Arch Intern Med. 2002; 162: 2333-2341
- Frailty and incident dementia.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2013; 68: 1083-1090
- Predicting ADL disability in community-dwelling elderly people using physical frailty indicators: a systematic review.BMC Geriatr. 2011; 11: 33
- The prediction of ADL and IADL disability using six physical indicators of frailty: a longitudinal study in the Netherlands.Curr Gerontol Geriatr Res. 2014; 2014358137
- Impact of physical frailty on disability in community-dwelling older adults: a prospective cohort study.BMJ Open. 2015; 5e008462
Funding: AAD receives research funding from the Pepper Scholars Program of the Johns Hopkins University Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center funded by the National Institute on Aging P30-AG021334 and NIH-NHLBI K23-HL153771-01. This study was also funded in part by a research grant from the Jane and Stanley F. Rodbell family in support of Geriatric Cardiology research at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore. DEF is supported by National Institute on Aging R01 AG060499-01, R01AG058883, and P30AG024827. GG is supported by funding from NIA P30-AG021334.
Conflicts of Interest: None. This work was presented as a moderated oral presentation at the 2020 American College of Cardiology Scientific Sessions, Chicago, Illinois.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.