Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Changes in comorbidities, diagnoses, therapies and outcomes in a contemporary cardiac intensive care unit population.Am Heart J. 2019; 215: 12-19
- Changes in primary noncardiac diagnoses over time among elderly cardiac intensive care unit patients in the United States.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2017; 10e003616
- Early noncardiovascular organ failure and mortality in the cardiac intensive care unit.Clin Cardiol. 2020; 43: 516-523
- Acute noncardiovascular illness in the cardiac intensive care unit.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 69: 1999-2007
- Evolution of the coronary care unit: clinical characteristics and temporal trends in healthcare delivery and outcomes.Crit Care Med. 2010; 38: 375-381
- Demographics, care patterns, and outcomes of patients admitted to cardiac intensive care units: the Critical Care Cardiology Trials Network Prospective North American Multicenter Registry of Cardiac Critical Illness.JAMA Cardiol. 2019; 4: 928-935
- Designing health care for the most common chronic condition–multimorbidity.JAMA. 2012; 307: 2493-2494
- Older adults in the cardiac intensive care unit: factoring geriatric syndromes in the management, prognosis, and process of care: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2020; 141: e6-e32
- Multimorbidity in older adults with cardiovascular disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 71: 2149-2161
- Knowledge gaps in cardiovascular care of the older adult population: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association, American College of Cardiology, and American Geriatrics Society.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 2419-2440
- Trends in noncardiovascular comorbidities among patients hospitalized for heart failure: insights from the Get With The Guidelines-Heart Failure Registry.Circ Heart Fail. 2018; 11e004646
- Noncardiac comorbidity increases preventable hospitalizations and mortality among Medicare beneficiaries with chronic heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 42: 1226-1233
- Prognosis of cardiovascular and non-cardiovascular multimorbidity after acute coronary syndrome.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0195174
- Temporal trends in prevalence & prognostic implications of comorbidities among patients with acute decompensated heart failure: the ARIC Study Community Surveillance.Circulation. 2020; 142: 230-243
- Severity of illness assessment with application of the APACHE IV predicted mortality and outcome trends analysis in an academic cardiac intensive care unit.J Crit Care. 2019; 50: 242-246
- Predictive value of the sequential organ failure assessment score for mortality in a contemporary cardiac intensive care unit population.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7e008169
- Comparison of mortality risk prediction among patients >/=70 versus <70 years of age in a cardiac intensive care unit.Am J Cardiol. 2018; 122: 1773-1778
- Admission diagnosis and mortality risk prediction in a contemporary cardiac intensive care unit population.Am Heart J. 2020; 224: 57-64
- Derivation and validation of automated electronic search strategies to extract Charlson comorbidities from electronic medical records.Mayo Clin Proc. 2012; 87: 817-824
- Clinical practice guidelines and quality of care for older patients with multiple comorbid diseases: implications for pay for performance.JAMA. 2005; 294: 716-724
- Trends in comorbidity, disability, and polypharmacy in heart failure.Am J Med. 2011; 124: 136-143
- Inappropriate medications in elderly ICU survivors: where to intervene.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 1032-1034
- Physiological monitoring in the complex multimorbid heart failure patient - Conclusions.Eur Heart J Suppl. 2019; 21: M68-M71
- The impact of cardiac and noncardiac comorbidities on the short-term outcomes of patients hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction: a population-based perspective.Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 5: 439-448
- National trends in healthcare-associated infections for five common cardiovascular conditions.Am J Cardiol. 2019; 124: 1140-1148
- Short, and long-term mortality among cardiac intensive care unit patients started on continuous renal replacement therapy.J Crit Care. 2020; 55: 64-72
- Influence of cardiac arrest and SCAI shock stage on cardiac intensive care unit mortality [e-pub ahead of print].Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2020; (Mar 17)https://doi.org/10.1002/ccd.28854
- Clinical implications of respiratory failure in patients receiving durable left ventricular assist devices for end-stage heart failure.Circ Heart Fail. 2019; 12e006369
- National trends in incidence and outcomes of patients with heart failure requiring respiratory support.Am J Cardiol. 2019; 124: 1712-1719
- Acute decompensated heart failure complicated by respiratory failure.Circ Heart Fail. 2019; 12e006013
- Outcomes associated with respiratory failure for patients with cardiogenic shock and acute myocardial infarction: a substudy of the CULPRIT-SHOCK trial.J Clin Med. 2020; 9: 860
- Derivation and validation of a novel cardiac intensive care unit admission risk score for mortality.J Am Heart Assoc. 2019; 8e013675
Funding: PEM reports funding from the Yale National Clinician Scholars Program and by Clinical and Translational Science Awards Grant Number TL1 TR001864 from the National Center for Advancing Translational Science , a component of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The contents of this article are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official view of the NIH.
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and had a role in writing this manuscript.