Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Total cholesterol as a risk factor for coronary heart disease and stroke in women compared with men: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Atherosclerosis. 2016; 248: 123-131
- Role of blood lipids in the development of ischemic stroke and its subtypes: a Mendelian randomization study.Stroke. 2018; 49: 820-827
- Lipid and lipoprotein biomarkers and the risk of ischemic stroke in postmenopausal women.Stroke. 2012; 43: 958-966
- A comparison of two LDL cholesterol targets after ischemic stroke.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 9
- Cholesterol-lowering interventions and stroke: insights from IMPROVE-IT.Atherosclerosis. 2016; 248: 216-218
- Proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin 9 inhibitors in reducing cardiovascular outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Heart. 2019; 105: 1149-1159
- Guidelines for the primary prevention of stroke: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2014; 45: 3754-3832
- 2019 ESC/EAS Guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias: lipid modification to reduce cardiovascular risk.Eur Heart J. 2020; 41: 111-188
- Relation of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol to ischemic stroke in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 119: 1224-1228
- Non-cardioembolic risk factors in atrial fibrillation-associated ischemic stroke.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0201062
- Increases in cerebral atherosclerosis according to CHADS2 scores in patients with stroke with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.Stroke. 2011; 42: 930-934
- Is atrial fibrillation always a culprit of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation plus stroke?.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2013; 36: 373-382
- Cardioembolic vs. noncardioembolic strokes in atrial fibrillation: frequency and effect of antithrombotic agents in the stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation studies.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2000; 10: 39-43
- Noncardioembolic stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation.Angiology. 2019; 70: 299-304
- Atherothrombotic ischemic stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation.Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2007; 109: 485-490
- Rivaroxaban with or without aspirin in stable cardiovascular disease.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 1319-1330
- Association between low-dose rivaroxaban with or without aspirin and ischemic stroke subtypes: a secondary analysis of the COMPASS Trial.JAMA Neurol. 2020; 77: 43-48
- Rivaroxaban with or without aspirin in patients with stable peripheral or carotid artery disease: an international, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet. 2018; 391: 219-229
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript.