Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A working definition of health services.in: Thaul S Lohr KN Tranquada RE Health Services Research: Training and Workforce Issues Health Services Research: Opportunities for an Expanding Field of Inquiry: An Interim Statement. National Academies Press;, Washington, DC1994: 2-3
- The emergence of population health in US academic medicine: a qualitative assessment.JAMA Netw Open. 2019; 2e192200https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.2200
- Can academic population health departments improve population health?.JAMA Netw Open. 2019; 2e192205https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.2205
US Census Bureau. Census regions and divisions of the United States. Available at: https://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/maps-data/maps/reference/us_regdiv.pdf. Accessed February 17, 2020.
- Stata Statistical Software: Release 16.StataCorp LLC, College Station, TX2019
- Current and future demand for health services researchers: perspectives from diverse research organizations.Health Serv Res. 2018; 53: 3927-3944https://doi.org/10.1111/1475-6773.12999
- Update on the stock and supply of health services researchers in the United States.Health Serv Res. 2018; 53: 3945-3966https://doi.org/10.1111/1475-6773.12988
- Forecasting the future need and gaps in requirements for public health professionals in India up to 2026.WHO South East Asia J Public Health. 2019; 8: 56-65https://doi.org/10.4103/2224-3151.255351
- The health services research workforce: current stock.Health Serv Res. 2009; 44: 2214-2226https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1475-6773.2009.01027.x
- U.S. physician-scientist workforce in the 21st century: recommendations to attract and sustain the pipeline.Acad Med. 2018; 93: 565-573https://doi.org/10.1097/acm.0000000000001950
2020 Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine. Physician-scientist. Available at: https://www.im.org/resources/physician-scientist. Accessed February 19, 2020.
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.