Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Smokeless tobacco and cancer.Lancet Oncol. 2008; 9: 667-675https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(08)70173-6
- Consumption of combustible and smokeless tobacco — United States, 2000-2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 1357-1363https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6548a1
Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality. (2015). Behavioral Health Trends in the United States: Results from the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health. (HHS Publication No. SMA 15-4927, NSDUH Series H-50). Available at: http://www.samhsa.gov/data/. Accessed April 14, 2020.
- Smokeless tobacco use and circulatory disease risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Open Heart. 2018; 5e000846https://doi.org/10.1136/openhrt-2018-000846
- Use of smokeless tobacco and risk of cardiovascular disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2016; 23: 1970-1981https://doi.org/10.1177/2047487316654026
- Switching to smokeless tobacco as a smoking cessation method: evidence from the 2000 National Health Interview Survey.Harm Reduct J. 2008; 5: 18https://doi.org/10.1186/1477-7517-5-18
- Co-occurrence of alcohol, smokeless tobacco, cigarette, and illicit drug use by lower ranking military personnel.Addict Behav. 2000; 25: 253-262https://doi.org/10.1016/s0306-4603(99)00062-3
- Vulnerability to smokeless tobacco use among those dependent on alcohol or illicit drugs.Nicotine Tob Res. 2014; 16: 216-223https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntt150
- The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke: A Report of the Surgeon General.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US), Atlanta (GA)2006 (Available at:)Accessed April 18, 2020)
- National weighting of data from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS).BMC Med Res Methodol. 2016; 16: 155https://doi.org/10.1186/s12874-016-0255-7
- Trends in electronic cigarette use among U.S. adults: use is increasing in both smokers and nonsmokers.Nicotine Tob Res. 2015; 17: 1195-1202https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntu213
- Facilitation of human tobacco self-administration by ethanol: a behavioral analysis.J Exp Anal Behav. 1976; 25: 279-292https://doi.org/10.1901/jeab.1976.25-279
- Seven year follow-up of smoking cessation with smokeless tobacco.J Psychoactive Drugs. 2005; 37: 105-108https://doi.org/10.1080/02791072.2005.10399753
- A systematic review of transitions between cigarette and smokeless tobacco product use in the United States.BMC Public Health. 2015; 15: 258https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-015-1594-8
- Tobacco-related disease mortality among men who switched from cigarettes to spit tobacco.Tob Control. 2007; 16: 22-28https://doi.org/10.1136/tc.2006.018069
Conflicts of Interest: MT reports being employed with Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in the Oncology division. PBM serves as a consultant (ad board participation) for Esperion and Novo Nordisk; and Local PI: Esperion CLEAR Outcomes Trials. SSV reports Honorarium for American College of Cardiology (Associate Editor for Innovations, aacc.org); serves on Steering Committee, Patient and Provider Assessment of Lipid Management (PALM registry) at the Duke Clinical Research Institute (no financial remuneration). VJ, MAR, SN, RB, SI, XJ, ATM, WSA report none.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.