Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Effect of phosphodiesterase-5 inhibition on exercise capacity and clinical status in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2013; 309: 1268-1277
- Relationship of hyperuricemia with mortality in heart failure patients with preserved ejection fraction.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2015; 309 (H1123-H1129)
- Prevalence of hyperuricemia in patients with acute heart failure with either reduced or preserved ejection fraction.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 120: 1146-1150
- Hyperuricemia and cardiovascular disease.Rev Cardiovasc Med. 2017; 18: 134-145
- Established and emerging roles of biomarkers in heart failure.Circ Res. 2018; 123: 614-629
- An examination of the relationship between serum uric acid level, a clinical history of gout, and cardiovascular outcomes among patients with acute coronary syndrome.Am Heart J. 2017; 187: 53-61
- Association of gout with long-term cardiovascular outcomes among patients with obstructive coronary artery disease.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7e009328
- Effects of xanthine oxidase inhibition in hyperuricemic heart failure patients: the xanthine oxidase inhibition for hyperuricemic heart failure patients (EXACT-HF) study.Circulation. 2015; 131: 1763-1771
- Uric-acid lowering treatment by a xanthine oxidase inhibitor improved the diastolic function in patients with hyperuricemia.J Card Fail. 2019; 25: S26
Funding: Funding for this analysis was provided by AstraZeneca.
Conflict of Interest: Financial disclosures include AstraZeneca employment and shareholdings by MB and SP. No other authors have significant conflicts of interest related to the manuscript.
Authorship: All of the authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript. AC: Conceptualization, data curation, formal analysis, investigation, methodology, supervision, validation, writing – original draft, writing – review/editing; JLS: formal analysis, resources, software, validation, writing – review/editing; BA: formal analysis, resources, software, supervision, validation, writing – review/editing; MB: conceptualization, funding acquisition, investigation, methodology, writing – review/editing; SP: conceptualization, funding acquisition, investigation, methodology, writing – review/editing; BL: project administration, resources, software; MTR: Matthew T. Roe, MD: investigation, resources, supervision, writing – review/editing; RJM: conceptualization, data curation, formal analysis, funding acquisition, investigation, methodology, supervision, validation, writing – review/editing.