Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Mass envenomations by honey bees and wasps.West J Med. 1999; 170: 223-227
- Pollination worries rise as honey bees decline.Science. 1994; 265: 1170
- The past and possible future spread of Africanized honeybees in the Americas.Bee Journal. 2015; 58: 19-30
- Poisoning severity score. Grading of acute poisoning.J Toxicol Clin Toxicol. 1998; 36: 205-213
- Second symposium on the definition and management of anaphylaxis: summary report–Second National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease/Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network symposium.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006; 117: 391-397
Stern R. Phoenix New Times. October 10, 2014 ed2014.
- Covered with bees, and a swarm pursuing: man dies after being stung more than 1000 times in Arizona park.The Washington Post. 2016; (May 27, 2016 ed)
Destin J. Man killed by bee swarm in Yavapai County. Arizona Republic. July 13, 2017.
Burke M. Arizona landscaper killed, 2 others injured in bee attack. New York Daily News. August 1, 2017.
Frank B. Man dies after numerous bees sting him at his Arizona home. USA Today. April 8, 2019.
One killed, three injured in Cochise County bee attack. KOLD News13; 2019:907–952
- Significance of Africanized bees for public health. A review.Arch Intern Med. 1995; 155: 2038-2043
- The Brazilian bee problem.Ann Rev Entomol. 1975; 20: 399-416
- Anaphylaxis in America: the prevalence and characteristics of anaphylaxis in the United States.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014; 133: 461-467
- Fatal anaphylaxis in the United States, 1999-2010: temporal patterns and demographic associations.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014; 134 (e1317): 1318-1328
- Quick Stats: Number of deaths from hornet, wasp and bee stings,* among males and females-National Vital Statistics System, United States, 2000-2017.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019; 68: 649
- Allergy to venomous insects.in: Graham J The Hive and the Honey Bee. Dadant & Sons, Hamilton, IL2015
- Self-medication of anaphylactic reactions due to Hymenoptera stings-an EAACI Task Force Consensus Statement.Allergy. 2016; 71: 931-943
- Biphasic anaphylaxis: a review of the literature and implications for emergency management.Am J Emerg Med. 2018; 36: 1480-1485
- Clinical consequences of toxic envenomations by Hymenoptera.Toxicon. 2018; 150: 96-104
- Biochemical variability of venoms from individual European and Africanized honeybees (Apis mellifera).J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1992; 90: 59-65
- Toxinology of venoms from the honeybee genus Apis.Toxicon. 1995; 33: 917-927
- Lethality of "killer" bee stings.Nature. 1989; 337: 413
- Quantity, analysis, and lethality of European and Africanized honey bee venoms.Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1990; 43: 79-86
- The effect of Africanized honey bees (Hymenoptera: Apidae) on the pet population of Tucson: a case study.American Entomologist. 2001; 47: 98-103
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.