Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pathophysiology of Takotsubo syndrome.Circulation. 2017; 135: 2426-2441
- Takotsubo syndrome: State-of-the-art review by an expert panel - Part 1.Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2019; 20: 70-79
- Long-term prognosis and outcome predictors in takotsubo syndrome.JACC Heart Fail. 2019; 7: 143-154
- The risk of takotsubo syndrome: seeing the light.JACC Heart Fail. 2019; 7: 155-157
- Mortality in takotsubo syndrome is similar to mortality in myocardial infarction - A report from the SWEDEHEART registry.Int J Cardiol. 2015; 185: 282-289
- Long-term prognosis of patients with takotsubo syndrome.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 72: 874-882
- Clinical features and outcomes of takotsubo (stress) cardiomyopathy.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 929-938
- Postdischarge outcome after Takotsubo syndrome compared with patients post- ACS and those without prior CVD: ANZACS-QI 19.Open Heart. 2018; 5e000918
- The sympathetic nervous system in the pathogenesis of takotsubo syndrome.Heart Fail Clin. 2016; 12: 485-498
- Trends in hospitalization for takotsubo cardiomyopathy in the United States.Am Heart J. 2016; 172: 53-63
- Med-Echo System Normative Framework - Maintenance and Use of Data for the Study of Hospital Clientele.Government of Quebec, Quebec, Canada2018
- In-hospital mortality among patients with takotsubo cardiomyopathy: a study of the national inpatient sample 2008 to 2009.Am Heart J. 2012; 164: 215-221
- A deprivation index for health and welfare planning in Quebec.Chronic Dis Can. 2000; 21: 104-113
- Analyzing survival data with competing risks using SAS software.SAS Global Forum. 2012; : 1-8
- A proportional hazards model for the sub-distribution of a competing risk.J Am Stat Assoc. 1999; 94: 496-509
- Persistent long-term structural, functional, and metabolic changes after stress-induced (takotsubo) cardiomyopathy.Circulation. 2018; 137: 1039-1048
- Alterations in cardiac deformation, timing of contraction and relaxation, and early myocardial fibrosis accompany the apparent recovery of acute stress-induced (takotsubo) cardiomyopathy: an end to the concept of transience.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2017; 30: 745-755
- Epidemiology and pathophysiology of Takotsubo syndrome.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2015; 12: 387-397
- Current state of knowledge on Takotsubo syndrome: a position statement from the task force on Takotsubo syndrome of the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology.Eur J Heart Fail. 2016; 18: 8-27
- Takotsubo syndrome: immune-mediated disease?.JACC Basic Transl Sci. 2018; 3: 779-781
- Takotsubo cardiomyopathy in an elderly woman with Alzheimer's disease: a rare association. Case report and mini-review of the literature.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2016; 64: 916-917
- Takotsubo cardiomyopathy and Parkinson's disease: an exceptionally uncommon clinical duet [e-pub ahead of print].Hellenic J Cardiol. 2018; (S1109966618305414. doi.org/10.1016/j.hjc.2018.12.002)
- Distinct incidence of takotsubo syndrome between amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and synucleinopathies: a cohort study.Front Neurol. 2018; 9: 1099
- Prevalence of cancer in Takotsubo cardiomyopathy: short and long-term outcome.Int J Cardiol. 2017; 238: 159-165
- Clinical features and outcomes of patients with malignancy and takotsubo syndrome: observations from the International Takotsubo Registry.J Am Heart Assoc. 2019; 8e010881
- Low prevalence of diabetes mellitus in patients with Takotsubo syndrome: a plausible ‘protective’ effect with pathophysiologic connotations.Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care. 2016; 5: 164-170
- Prevalence and prognostic impact of diabetes in takotsubo syndrome: insights from the International, Multicenter GEIST Registry.Diabetes Care. 2018; 41: 1084-1088
- International expert consensus document on takotsubo syndrome (Part I): clinical characteristics, diagnostic criteria, and pathophysiology.Eur Heart J. 2018; 39: 2032-2046
- Gender differences in the manifestation of tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 166: 584-588
Funding: This work was supported by the Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada ( G-18-0021776 ) and the Fonds de recherche du Québec-Santé ( 34695 ). Funders were not involved in the study design; the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; writing the report; or in the decision to submit the article for publication.
Conflict of Interest: None.
Authorship: NA, JHP, SH, and BJP conceived and designed the study. SH analyzed the data under guidance of NA. GP, JHP, and BJP helped interpret the results. NA, JHP, and SH drafted the manuscript, and GP and BJP revised it for important intellectual content. All authors approved the final version of the manuscript.