Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Rethinking retractions.Science. 2018; 362: 390-393
- Nine pitfalls of research misconduct.Nature. 2018; 557: 297-299
- Institutional responsibility and the flawed genomic biomarkers at Duke University: a missed opportunity for transparency and accountability.Sci Eng Ethics. 2017; 23: 1199-1205
- Lessons from the Darsee affair.N Engl J Med. 1983; 308: 1415-1417
- Ten simple rules for protecting research integrity.PLoS Comput Biol. 2015; 11e1004388
- Overdue: a United States advisory board for research integrity.Nature. 2019; 566: 173-175
Funding: This research was supported, in part, by investigator-initiated research grants from the National Institutes of Health (R01 DA044015 and 5R01GM114665), USA.
Conflicts of Interest: JDR, PMB, SKW, and CHH report that they are funded by the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine of Florida Atlantic University ; DLD reports that he is funded by the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
DLD also reports that that he is a consultant to the National Institutes of Health , the Food and Drug Administration , and the pharmaceutical and medical device industry on the design, monitoring, and analysis of randomized trials. He receives compensation for serving on several industry-sponsored data monitoring committees, including AstraZeneca, Amgen, Action, GSK, Merck, Sanofi, Boehringer Ingelheim, and Teva & AbbVie. He holds no stock in any pharmaceutical or device company.
SKW also reports that she serves as an independent scientist in an advisory role to investigators and sponsors as a member of 2 data monitoring committees for Amgen.
CHH also reports that he serves as an independent scientist in an advisory role to investigators and sponsors as chair or member of data monitoring committees for Amgen, British Heart Foundation, Cadila, Canadian Institutes of Health Research, DalCor, and Regeneron; to the US Food and Drug Administration–Special Government Employee (SGE), and UpToDate–Co-Author of several chapters on the Prevention & Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease; receives royalties for authorship or editorship of 3 textbooks and as co-inventor on patents for inflammatory markers and cardiovascular disease that are held by Brigham and Women's Hospital; has an investment management relationship with the West-Bacon Group within SunTrust Investment Services, which has discretionary investment authority; does not own any common or preferred stock in any pharmaceutical or medical device company.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.